turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who shoots what?

Started by birdyhunter, February 15, 2013, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

I'm a bow fanatic so I own a few. Here are my setups.
Deer- bowtech sentinel with code red rest, spott hogg tommy hogg sight and b-stinger stab. Harvest time HT1 350s tipped with 100gr slick trick grizz tricks.
Turkey- bowtech insanity cpx, spott hogg hogg it hunter, posten stab qad rest. Cx maxima 350s tipped with rage titanium bh's.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Onpoint

Mathews Heli-M. Ripcord rest, spott Hogg Hogg-it, 12" b-stinger prohunter. Victory HV 400's tipped with 85 grain grimreaper razortips, and 4" helical feathers on the back.

jhcats10

2012 Elite Answer, Ripcord Code Red, Stokerized stab, HHA site, Proline bowstrings, Carter Quickie release, Easton ACC Prohunter .340, and QAD Exodus broadheads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdyhunter

Quote from: jhcats10 on February 15, 2013, 02:50:52 PM
2012 Elite Answer, Ripcord Code Red, Stokerized stab, HHA site, Proline bowstrings, Carter Quickie release, Easton ACC Prohunter .340, and QAD Exodus broadheads

how do you like the exodus heads??

birdyhunter

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on February 15, 2013, 02:38:37 PM
Mathews Heli-M. Ripcord rest, spott Hogg Hogg-it, 12" b-stinger prohunter. Victory HV 400's tipped with 85 grain grimreaper razortips, and 4" helical feathers on the back.
helim has been the only bow mathews has put out in a few years I've been impressed with. I've still got a conquest 2 and a dxt but those were the last mathews bows I bought.

Spring_Woods

Strother Wrath SHO. Just picked it up Monday. Before that I had an elite archery GTO.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

jhcats10

Quote from: birdyhunter on February 15, 2013, 04:04:28 PM
Quote from: jhcats10 on February 15, 2013, 02:50:52 PM

how do you like the exodus heads??

I love them, won't be shooting another head for a long time. Super durable, very sharp and fly like a dream.  They grouped well out to 60 yards.

alloutdoors

Still shooting my Mathews LX, I've been tempted by a couple bows the last few years but not enough to make a switch. I do like the Elites, I'll probably end up with one in another year of two.

Onpoint

Quote from: birdyhunter on February 15, 2013, 04:07:06 PM
helim has been the only bow mathews has put out in a few years I've been impressed with. I've still got a conquest 2 and a dxt but those were the last mathews bows I bought.

It's a good bow. I like the wall much better than previous Mathews. I don't know why they didn't add a draw stop before now. The only thing I don't like about it is the grip. I'm thinking about trying the focus grip.

birdyhunter

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on February 15, 2013, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: birdyhunter on February 15, 2013, 04:07:06 PM

It's a good bow. I like the wall much better than previous Mathews. I don't know why they didn't add a draw stop before now. The only thing I don't like about it is the grip. I'm thinking about trying the focus grip.
I 100% agree. The draw stop made all the difference in the world to me and as for focus grips imo that's the only way to go with a mathews.

birdyhunter

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 15, 2013, 05:27:20 PM
Still shooting my Mathews LX, I've been tempted by a couple bows the last few years but not enough to make a switch. I do like the Elites, I'll probably end up with one in another year of two.
The lx was a killer bow. I had one and my dad still has one that he shoots more than the alpha max I bought him a couple years ago lol.

birdyhunter

Didn't mean it wasn't anymore lol, just meant when it was new it was top of the line! Like I said my dad still shoots his as his primary bow.

birdyhunter

Awesome video man!

alloutdoors

No worries, I knew what you meant.  :icon_thumright: