OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bow Blind

Started by 870FaceLift, April 06, 2012, 11:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870FaceLift

I was watching the newest Longbeard Madness (Drury bros.) dvd last night.  There is a hunt where they use a prototype blind that attaches to the bow - where the stabilizer goes.  It folds out and provides unreal coverage.  I can't find it anywhere.  Has anybody seen one of these in person or know how to get one?  I've scoured the web and tried to contact Flambeau, but no response.  I'd like to have one for all hunting seasons.
Pass it on...

MOStrutter

I saw the same video, but like you I have not seen that anywhere.  I also haven't really looked for it.  There are a lot of cheap option to really camoflauge up a bow and break up the out line.  I am also sure it wouldn't be that hard to make one of those for a bow.  I'm sure if you took a large washer and tack welded some small metal tubing onto it, and just stuck dowl rods into the tubing you could get the same light weight X shape and also be able to take apart easily and get the camo configuration exactly how you wanted it.

bugslinger719

You guys should check out the Hide A Bow.  I'm not sure if its the one you saw on the video or not.  However, I used on in Kanss and Colorado last year year.  Shot my KS bird at ten yds, and my CO bird at 8 yds.  Easy to travel with and effective.  Also, its fairly inexpensive.

fallhnt

Check out HIPS blinds too.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

jblackburn

I bought a hide a bow last year and had birds at 10 yards that never knew I was there. I set up in a bad spot and never got a shot off, but it was not the blind's fault.  I met these guys at a hunting show last year and picked it up.  Super nice guys and the blind is made in Kansas.

http://www.hideabow.com/
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

yelpertom

that would be kind of like a heads up decoy that attachesto your bowl basically its the tail fan of a gobbler that attaches to your bowl and its got off Thomas had in the middle of it and it's like they don't even realize you're behind the bowl for so fixed on that taill fan