turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

D.I.Y. Shooting Sticks

Started by CASH, February 09, 2013, 10:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Here's a video and pics on D.I.Y. shooting sticks.  This is my first video and it was done on my iPhone so please disregard the poor quality of the video and my poor video skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e0JFW_wmTQ

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VanHelden Game Calls

This one is pretty good.  I have seen some DIY sticks but this maybe the best I have seen. Only thing I would try is a pc of flexible clear tubing on the top of the poles.  It will offer the gun cradle but will keep the sticks from spreading to far.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

blackmagic

I'd like to try that, however castrating bands aren't found here in the city.....and if ordered and had some delivered, I"m sure the law would come wondering what in the he11 I was doing.

CASH

Quote from: blackmagic on February 14, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
I'd like to try that, however castrating bands aren't found here in the city.....and if ordered and had some delivered, I"m sure the law would come wondering what in the he11 I was doing.

You can find them at Tractor Supply or any feed store. If you can't, PM me your address, I bought a bag of 100. I have more than I'll ever use.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

tomstopper

JakeT

Just made some just like this the other day. They work great!

MEbeardlover

Made some of these last weekend. Two, five foot fiberglass electric fence rods for $4 a piece, cut to three feet. Bag of castrating rings was $2. Camo duct tape, digital pattern, $3 at Wally World. Self cling camo wrap for the top, which I already had. Inexpensive, easy to make, and versatile.

miro15

Great design!  I'm gonna try these myself!  Thanks