Main Menu

Hevi 13 #7 or Mag Blends

Started by Mossy517, March 04, 2011, 03:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 04, 2011, 08:00:02 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 04, 2011, 04:50:38 PM
its not even a fair comparision 3.5" #7s  :icon_thumright:
Hey, Gobble.  What gun and choke are you shooting the 3.5" 7"s thru???

I shoot a 870 with a .665 Indian Creek. Only shot once at 40 yards with the 3.5" #7s and got 324. I made that statement basing it on the results of others. I have a box of mag blends that I will be shooting when it warms up.

Belo83

I have the same question, except i just ordered my 835 and have not picked a choke yet. I was just going to go with factory this year but i've read i cant/shouldn't shoot hevi through it?

what are the benefits of the mag blend? seems most people prefer the 7's for the higher count, but there must be reason for the blends to be preferred by some?

suggestions on a choke for an 835 24" shooting 7's? definitely going 3.5 here.

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Belo83 on April 01, 2011, 08:46:55 AM
I have the same question, except i just ordered my 835 and have not picked a choke yet. I was just going to go with factory this year but i've read i cant/shouldn't shoot hevi through it?

what are the benefits of the mag blend? seems most people prefer the 7's for the higher count, but there must be reason for the blends to be preferred by some?

suggestions on a choke for an 835 24" shooting 7's? definitely going 3.5 here.

I think you will be fine shooting Hevi from your stock choke even if it says lead only.  Steel is a no-no, but Hevi will be fine.

Mossy517

:welcomeOG:

I think you are going to get answers in the .670-.690 range as far as chokes go. Sumtoy on here may be able to help you also, other choices are Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Star-Dot (if you can find one) Kicks (they don't want you shooting Hevi)

There are many choices, but if you are looking to buy a choke that seems to do well in most 835, I think .670 in a Pure Gold is what you are going to hear the most about from the fellas on here, it has proven itself in many of 835's.

Hope this helps.

Also i never did get around to getting the MagBlends. I have the #7's for now, but I am in the process now of switching to handloading.

Good luck!
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties