News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FastFire II Review - Updated sighting in 3/19

Started by sugarray, March 04, 2011, 03:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 10, 2011, 04:00:43 PM
Sorry guys but a circle with a dot just isn't possible with a sight of this size.  At least not at the price point we are trying to stay at.  That doesn't mean there won't be a ret change.  I can't say much more than that.

Now I'm not going to be able to sleep.  A reticle change is AWESOME!!!  For me anyway.

Jourdan_D

Quote from: sugarray on March 10, 2011, 07:28:46 PM
Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 10, 2011, 04:00:43 PM
Sorry guys but a circle with a dot just isn't possible with a sight of this size.  At least not at the price point we are trying to stay at.  That doesn't mean there won't be a ret change.  I can't say much more than that.

Now I'm not going to be able to sleep.  A reticle change is AWESOME!!!  For me anyway.

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were a dot and circle!!!

BurrisOptics

LOL again there will NOT be a circle with a dot.  Sorry guys. 

I requested the circle with a dot and it couldn't be done within our parameters.  On a brighter note, they said yes to my other requests.   :happy0064:

That should give you enough to think about. 

sugarray

I understand it won't be a circle with a dot, but a change from just a dot will be good, I think.

savduck

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 11, 2011, 02:57:42 PM
LOL again there will NOT be a circle with a dot.  Sorry guys. 

I requested the circle with a dot and it couldn't be done within our parameters.  On a brighter note, they said yes to my other requests.   :happy0064:

That should give you enough to think about. 

Cool, cant wait to see the new one.
Georgia Boy

whiskey

You guys are bad for my marriage :)

I just ordered a Burris FFII and a marlin mount for my 535. Now I got to get a guard....

sugarray

New pics added.  Views at 40 yds, target with 3" dot and turkey decoy.

Check out the deer about 150-200 yds away.  I had no idea they were there when I took the pic

TauntoHawk

I really like the small single dot, I thought id want a circle dot like the mueller til I went and looked through both... I prefer the precision that the dot offers since im getting a sight FOR precision and accuracy while maintaining a clear field of view

thanks for the great reviews, you get bored the new true brite seems interesting
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sugarray

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 17, 2011, 12:24:14 PM
thanks for the great reviews, you get bored the new true brite seems interesting

I'll sure review one, but not going to buy one just to review.

sugarray

I went to shoot to get final alignment.  I was shooting a little high and left.  So first shot at 40 yds confirmed this.  So I moved the dot from the POA to the POI.  Well, next shot went way left and only about 1/4-1/2 of the pattern hit the paper.  So, I figured I went the wrong way and moved it TWICE back the other way and then missed.  I missed 2 more times.  I then aligned again using the front bead and putting the dot on the POA.  This got it on left and right, but was way high.  I then moved POA to POI and shot way low.  So, I backed up to 23 yds and started over with dove loads.  This worked well and now I am on at 40 yds.

As I look back, I noticed after loosening the set screws, the dot moved.  I thought the gun had moved on the rest, but after shooting the dot had to have moved.  I then kept a close eye on it and every time I tightened the set screws, the dot would move a little.  It finally set, but I am now a little concerned with the dot and this not being as easy to align as I first thought.   This just moved the FF II down a little on my list.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I set-up a 20 ga 1187 compact for a young boy and girl last week and I went with the fast fire II.

Here's some feedback.

I like the ff2 A LOT.

I don't need a circle.  I don't need a circle with triangles like some of the EOTECH.  I guess really, I'm a simple guy that doesn't want a cluttered sight window; I want a dot that you put on a turkeys head and squeeze the trigger. 

Furthermore, the low proximity of the sight to ther reveiver promotes good cheek weld and sight picture without adding a comb raising kit.

Lastly, the optic is very easy to adjust and responded very well to trajectory and windage changes.

My only complaint with it is that the screws that secure it to the bracket can easily be stripped.  I'd recommend fortifying them, especially if you're going to require the user to detache the optic from the mount to change the battery.

sugarray

Bump to the top for new season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk