Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where's everyone at?

Started by DMP, February 02, 2013, 11:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

What's going on with everyone?  Anything new for this season? 

Looks like I will finally get my chance to chase some Merriam's this season.  Can't wait to get things going....

derek

Still recovering from duck season I think.. haven't slept this much since August.    ???
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

MDbowman

Quote from: DMP on February 02, 2013, 11:13:54 AM

Looks like I will finally get my chance to chase some Merriam's this season.  Can't wait to get things going....

Where are you headed for Merriam's?

DMP

Quote from: MDbowman on February 02, 2013, 10:37:37 PM
Quote from: DMP on February 02, 2013, 11:13:54 AM

Where are you headed for Merriam's?

New Mexico....

DMP

MDBOWMAN, didn't you hunt merriams in Colorado a few years ago? 

bawana

Ohio archery season just ended, and nope I didn't get him!   There's the first and last pic, probably had 100 pics, not a single one in the daylight and I never saw him in the daylight.

MDbowman

Quote from: bawana on February 04, 2013, 11:18:33 PM
Ohio archery season just ended, and nope I didn't get him!   .

The good news is no one else did either. You get to play again next year!! The ones that kill me are the bucks you get a handful of pics during the rut - all at night- and never again.

Duke0002

Notified today that I have an Iowa tag.  Draw wasn't filled, so every nonres applicant got a tag.  Heading out there for the first season April 15-18.  Woo-Woo!

BowBendr

I've been off-line for about a week now. We are the last house on a dead-end street and had a power surge come thru about a week ago and got the circuit of the house that has the kitchen and living room on it.

It got the microwave, a phone, the tv and computer. Geeeez........

We back up and running now with the help of our Farm Bureau agent. They got out here real quick.  :icon_thumright:

I did make a cool find yesterday at a local pawn shop though. Brand new, in the box, never shot Bennelli Nova.......you ready ?..........$200 out the door with 2 boxes of OO buckshot thrown in !

Duke0002

Man, what a deal.  I gotta start hitting the pawn shoppes.

MDbowman

Quote from: DMP on February 03, 2013, 09:46:03 AM
MDBOWMAN, didn't you hunt merriams in Colorado a few years ago?

Sorry, missed this.  Yes I did, INCREDIBLE hunt even though I only hunted an afternoon and the next morning. Quite a shock to the system to wake up at sea level and hunt that day at ~7500-7800 ft. You will love it!!

Here was the story.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,9963.msg115505.html#msg115505

Fullfan

We have been shed hunting, and attempting to find out where a buck is living. Not having much luck with his sheds, only due to him keeping them. We did find a matched set from a buck we have not seen since mid Nov.

Don't gobble at me...

Duke0002

BowBendr

At least you know he made it, he's gonna be a dandy !
Hope you find the others.