OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Lets see some Lonnie Sneed Call Pics  (Read 19990 times)

Offline gob4me

Lets see some Lonnie Sneed Call Pics
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »
Just wondering if anyone had Pics to share of there Lonnie Sneed calls.Thanks

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Lets see some Lonnie Sneed Call Pics
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
Here are some of mine. The top two on the left are slate, the top right is an aluminum kee kee pot, the bottom left is the 4 inch Big Green Glass, and the bottom right a slate tree call.  I also have another Hot Hen slate which is the 3 1/4 inch size, another Green Glass which is the 3 1/2 inch size, another type slate Tree Call, and a Sweet Jenny which are not pictured. Lonnie is definitely one of my favorite callmakers. You also get a homemade surface protector with each call that I believe Lonnie's wife makes. I might add I have called in well over a dozen gobblers ove rthe past couple years with the Hot Hen slate pictured.

Offline gob4me

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
Awesome calls I have 2 hot hens.How does raspy boss compare to hot hen?Thanks

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:57:06 PM »
Lonnie told me the Hot Hen and Raspy Boss Hen slate are the same calls with just different names. They both are slate over a wood sound board. If Lonnie Jr sees this post he may clarify some more.

Offline bassmaster

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
I just ordered one of each this week. Lonnie told me the Raspy Hen  was a higher piched call.

Offline scoot12

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 06:54:16 AM »
  Here is my collection,  two on left are hot hen slates,  a small green glass,  a tree talker call,  a aluminun kee kee pot and his small sassfrass box call.  Scoot

Offline eman375

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »
Great pix, guys.  Thanks for posting.  The calls are cool because they look old school...

Offline panhandlehunter

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »
I ordered 2 hot hen slates and a green glass.  One for me, my Dad, and my brother in law.  They may not be the prettiest calls I have but they definitely talk turkey.  I kept a hot hen slate for myself but plan to order a green glass soon.  My hot hen slate is already one of my favorite calls and I havent even been turkey hunting with it yet.  Mr. Lonnie is a very nice man and easy to talk to!

Offline lonnie sneed jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 09:50:52 PM »
The two calls are made the same inside and out. Sometimes you just get a differant sound no matter how hard you try and make them sound the same. The Raspy Boss Hen is a higher pitch but at the same time it is alot more raspy. Dad never knows which it will be until he puts them together and they dry for a few days and he runs them. I carry one of each along with a green glass or my sweet jenny. Along with a box and mouth calls. But I always call first on my hot hen slate.
 I just talked to Dad tonight and he said thanks to you guys on here that like his calls he is getting swamped with orders. Dad is old school and so am I, dad does not do computers or cell phones, and I almost don't. So thank you all for saying nice and good things about my dad and his calls. I don't like to get on here and say how good I think they are. But to me Dad makes as good as turkey call as you can get your hands on, to call and kill turkeys with. I will also say there are alot of good call makers out there. Good luck to all this Spring and be safe. Thanks for the kind words.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

Offline rem 300

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
I should have a couple from him in a couple days, loking forward to getting them cause I know they will be all TURKEY.. Lonnie is a fine feller to talk with too

Offline MiamiE

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
I have been looking for a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen for a year now. I heard your Dad was not making them anymore but please contact me if he is. I hear they're the best!

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
Lets see some Lonnie Sneed Call Pics
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »
304-425-3021 is his phone #

Offline Deputy 14

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 12:01:37 AM »
Payments in the mail for a hot hen slate. Can't wait to run it.

Offline bassmaster

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »
What!!!!  A box at the door at lunch today!!! Yes it's from Lonnie.  I want to remind you all I have never used a turkey call.

OK here we go Green Glass first, hm mm Morse code, not really a turkey. Next attempt hm mm dog cowering (what does she know shes a boarder collie) and wife has goose bumps all over (she claims I'm scratching a chalk board). Wife and dog leave kitchen.

Next Raspy Hen, wife says from laundry room " ok sounds like a turkey" and dog retakes position on the floor and just stares at me.

Wife enters kitchen, " give me that and I'll show you how to use it". Ok Hot Hen next, dog cowering and I have goose bumps all over,she was right, sounds like someone scratching a chalk board.

Over the next ten minutes things started to sound more like a turkey in the house.

Can't wait to practice a learn how to run them. Cool looking calls.

Awesome Lunch today!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Offline scoot12

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:18 PM »
congrats on the calls,  once you get the hang of it,  you will sound like a hen,  that was funny.  Scoot