OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth call tape

Started by TRKYHTR, January 14, 2013, 09:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

This last weekend I had a sport show. I ordered some mouth call supplies that got here the day before the show. I had already had some supplies and had made several calls with no problem. Yesterday I sold a kid a mouth call. He put it in his mouth and I gave him some instruction on how to use it. He was doing well and could already make some good sound from the call. After about 10 minutes he returned because the tape had come apart from the frame. I had been warned that some of the tape from Pioneer was having a problem but had never ran into any issues before. So for all you mouth call makers be careful with your white tape from Pioneer. I brought the call back home just in case they needed some visual affect.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

WillowRidgeCalls

There was a guy on another forum that was having the same problems with his tape, after about an hour of use they were coming apart. He took his calls apart and redid the tape on them with tape from another place, and they still wouldn't stay together. He took the tape and stuck it together and soaked it over night in water and tried to pull it apart, and couldn't. What he found out was it was the frames, when the company cut the frames out they use a different liquid for cutting and that liquid stayed on some of the frames. He was told to wash every frame in soapy water then soak them in vinegar to clean them. After that he hasn't had any come loose.
Is that where yours came loose, from around the frame?
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

TRKYHTR

Yes it came loose from the frame. I sent Ron Epply an email and he refunded me the money for the tape.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

Lonehowl

I think I was the first to complain about this. I thought I was crazy at first cause no one had any problems except me lol. I called Ron and he told me that the standard small frames that I use are not stamped with lubricant, therefore do not need to be washed or cleaned, so that is not the problem with those. I cant remember which one was stamped with lube...it was just one style of frame though. I have several colors of tape, and it obvious that some are stickier than others, but none are like the old tape that I remember, the stuff you had to be careful with cause it stuck to everything that was within 5 feet of it.

The only color I have that works well is the thin, green tape. It holds up pretty good.
Mark

Houndstooth Game Calls

The frames that are cut with oil are non adhesive frames. Tape this year has been a freaking nightmare!! Some batches are good and some are bad I do know that they are trying there best to fix this issue and Ron is a good guy. I have found some good tape but the quantity I would have to order is roughly 10500 pcs if I could get some of you guys interested and I could get 5000 of it sold I would gladly pull the trigger next week. But I need a home for 5000 pieces of it and cost would be .15¢ to .17¢ a piece. The down fall to this is the colors would be black white or a light grey. I could get other colors but it would be a 2 to 3 week lead time and it's late in the ball game. This tape also has the good adhesive not translucent. Like I said if I can get some help I will be glad to pull the trigger I just don't want the cost and that much tape!!

TRKYHTR

I'll take 1000 pieces of white.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

LBA

Gonna be a lot of calls fall apart in nashville as most don't even know there is bad tape

Houndstooth Game Calls

Your exactly right!!! On the calls falling appart!!!

Houndstooth Game Calls

I know joe is good for 1000 who else would want tape and what quantity?

bangbird

Had this problem with all the tape I was using from pioneer last year.  Mostly the thick tape is what I use.  About to order some more supplies as I start building calls about this time of year....  Not good news reading the tape is bad again, or even worse than last year.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 16, 2013, 12:53:10 AM
I'll take 1000 pieces of white.

TRKYHTR

Joe give me a call when you see this fixing to go ahead and order tape..

Brshpile

I ordered 1000 pieces of tape from Pioneer about 2 months ago. Every bit of it once wet slides off of the frame. I was going to sell a few calls but cant due to this. I used blue, green, white, black and all of it did the same thing. Is there a fix coming?

Houndstooth Game Calls

If you need some good tape I got plenty of it.. THAT STICKS!!

turkeykiller22

I have heard of some of the bigger name companies going through a process for just preping thier frames. Not sure of all the details tho. I am looking for Green, Pink, Orange, Blue tape. I ordered some from Ron but just like everyone else mine is not wanting to stick. Any ideas on putting something on the frames to make it stick better?
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

ctwny1

I'm looking for a supplier of the THICK mouth call tape.