OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Broadhead Question

Started by njdevilsb, January 12, 2013, 09:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njdevilsb

I shoot spitfires for deer hunting and love them.  My dad accidentally bought spitfire gobbler getters this fall when buying his deer broadheads.  They have the blunt tip on them instead of the chisel tip that the deer heads have.  Do you guys have any experience with the gobbler getter spitfire broadheads?  I was thinking about trying to get a bird with my bow this spring and didn't know if the turkey specific head would work better like they say or if I should stick with the regular ones that I use for deer.  The blunt tip on the turkey one is supposed to deliver more shock when it hits.

o2stk1

I shoot swackers  on deer or turkeys kills em dead

GSLAM95

The Gobbler Getters are deadly on turkeys!  I have shot a lot of turkeys over the years with many different broadheads and my favorite head for body shots is the NAP F.O.C. (Freaking Outrageous Cut) which is the 3" cut 2 blade version of what your father purchased.
I have shot many with the standard 3 blade gobblergetters as well.  You will not be disappointed with the results.  The blunt tip pushes the soft skin and meat tight before the blades get to open therefore cutting an even bigger hole then the advertised cut and yes I can attest to the shock this head delivers!
Do a search on youtube for gslam95 and you can see a couple of Ocellated birds I took with the spitfire Gobblergetters, it puts them down fast. 

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

njdevilsb

Thanks for the reply.  Nice videos too.  I think I'll go ahead and use the gobbler getter version then.  Nothing like hearing it first hand from somebody who has used them.