OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion - Wednesday - 3/1/11

Started by lightsoutcalls, March 03, 2011, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Fellas, I ask your forgiveness for dropping the ball on Wednesday.  I remember from JROTC in high school, our Colonel telling us the difference between reasons and excuses.  The correct response for dropping the ball was always  "No excuse, sir".   That said, I pray the follwing devotional will benefit someone today.

Spiritual Battles

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

There is an unfounded idea in some circles that when we come to Christ our lives will be fine. All the worries and problems that plagued us before we accepted Christ will disappear once we commit our lives to Him. That is far from the truth. In fact, just as a blacksmith uses fire to shape iron, God uses difficulties in our lives to shape us.

Usually when God's revival begins, an opposition arises--a spiritual battle takes place, as the enemy seeks to mount a siege on our hearts.

In order to see revival occur in the lives of men and women, we must be willing to stand steadfast in our faith and live uncompromising lives in the face of opposition. During revival, our hearts are cleansed of sin as we come to a point where conviction meets surrender. We become willing to give up things in our lives or to drastically change our lifestyles as evidence of our obedience to God's call.

The apostle Paul constantly fought opposition. Yet the revival in Paul's heart was so strong that he could not resist God's leading and direction. He made a decision that nothing the enemy did would keep him from doing God's will.

Prison, ridicule, torture, beatings, mockery--Paul endured all this opposition to see God's Word reach and penetrate the hearts of both Jews and Gentiles. As revival falls on our hearts, we must be prepared to withstand any opposition, honoring God through obedience to Him.

Prayer: Lord, strengthen me through Your Holy Spirit to withstand any opposition I may face.

The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast (1 Peter 5:10).

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

mmims

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

turkey slayer

Roostem33

Thanks for sharing Wendell, great message!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002