OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: WHO MAKES THE BEST REAL HEN SOUNDING CUSTOM BOX CALL  (Read 25599 times)

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: WHO MAKES THE BEST REAL HEN SOUNDING CUSTOM BOX CALL
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »
Jack Scott of Cochran, GA makes agreat long box call as well. 

Offline Spurcollecta

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:35 PM »
Mr. Albert Paul! :you_rock:

Offline GOBBLER CRAZY

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 10:41:06 PM »
SO MANY TO CHOOSE IF YALL COULD ONLY HAVE ONE CUSTOM BOX WHO PLZ ??

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 01:13:02 AM »
I was looking for the same thing a while back and ended up with D. Marlin Watkins call. I am happy with it.

gwa

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 04:46:56 AM »
I doubt you will find a call that everyone will agree on. These members posted many good ones. Do some research on each call that was mentioned and come to your own conclusions. It will then be YOUR choice.

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 07:02:44 AM »
For the money, you cant beat Bob Harwell's box. I know he aint much to look at, but for some reason, women and hens find him irrestible :TooFunny:
Marlin Watkins also makes a fine box as well
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
The best sounding call is the one that sounds "BEST" to you.

Bob

That is a true statement for the buyer and the call maker.  I like Mike Lapp, No Bull and Twisting Creek, Ed Terefencko, Scott Basehore to name a few.  The key is to run some and listen for the sound of the hen that your use to hearing in the woods.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:49:38 AM by silverspur »
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Offline M Sharpe

• Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »
Noel Gonzales from Sequin,TX
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Offline trb136

• Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »
The best thing to do is contact the callmakers you are interested in, i am sure any of them will play there calls for you...There are so many great box call makers, That is a tough decision, everyone has their favorite, but find one YOU like...happy hunting...

Offline rotalley

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:36 PM »
From my experience and I've played every call makers calls listed in this thread with the exception Mr. Cox and alot of call makers not mentioned including some champions at nationals.  When considering paddle calls or short boxes Lamar Williams Steve Mann and Darrin Dawkins are in league of their own.

Offline BIGBOB

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
I have a Albert Paul box call that is the best call i own. You could not do wrong with one of his boxes. A real good gentleman to deal with.

Offline M Sharpe

• Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 08:31:57 AM »
All of these answers are right. Many fine callmakers listed here. A lot is going to depend on how well the one doing the playing can play a box call too. It has been my observation that you have to spend some time playing one in order to get everything out of it. To find the little sweet low key hen talk.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Offline trb136

• Double Beard
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »
All of these answers are right. Many fine callmakers listed here. A lot is going to depend on how well the one doing the playing can play a box call too. It has been my observation that you have to spend some time playing one in order to get everything out of it. To find the little sweet low key hen talk.
I agree, The callers experience in playing a call is important..But... with that said, A very wise Callmaker told me that if you pick up a call and have to manipulate it a certain way to get the sound you want then you have eliminated half of the people that can play the call...I have played lots of calls from alot of Callmakers...Champions and others, besides sound, Ease of play is very important, Just my opinion, Good luck,,lots of great choices out there.

Offline Stoner

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »
Albert Paul and Larry Gresser from Prairie Calls.

Offline M Sharpe

• Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
I agree, The callers experience in playing a call is important..But... with that said, A very wise Callmaker told me that if you pick up a call and have to manipulate it a certain way to get the sound you want then you have eliminated half of the people that can play the call...I have played lots of calls from alot of Callmakers...Champions and others, besides sound, Ease of play is very important, Just my opinion, Good luck,,lots of great choices out there.
I agree 100%