turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wormy Chestnut

Started by 870BkWht, February 07, 2011, 03:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Im not sure if it would be of use to anyone, but I have a piece of Wormy Chestnut board that measures approx, 2 feet x 10inches wide, and 1.5 inches thick.  Dont know as I do not turn calls, if it would benefit anyone, but if anyone would happen to be interested, just send me a pm.  I could definitly see some good strikers coming from this wood or even a box lids or whole box calls. 

letinmfly

In the right hands it'll make for some fine pots too!  :icon_thumright:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

magnoliagamecalls

If it solid it will make some good pots. Not thick enough for a box. It would have to pretty dense to make good strikers. All the chestnut that I have worked with wouldnt make a good striker. I might be interested in it for some pots. What are asking for it? Do you have any pictures of it?

870BkWht

magnolia,

upon looking I actually have 2 pieces that fit the measurements that I listed in the first post.  Im not sure how dense the wood is, I have no way to guage that.  I can tell you that since the wood was cut, it has been kept dry in the basement and in close proximity to a dehumidifier.  Not looking to make a profit off this.  Check your PM's.

nx95240

Quote from: 870BkWht on February 07, 2011, 09:26:26 PM
magnolia,

upon looking I actually have 2 pieces that fit the measurements that I listed in the first post.  Im not sure how dense the wood is, I have no way to guage that.  I can tell you that since the wood was cut, it has been kept dry in the basement and in close proximity to a dehumidifier.  Not looking to make a profit off this.  Check your PM's.

pm me price if you want it gone..

870BkWht

To all who may be interested.  I have 2 pieces of the wood.  As mentioned before it is dry and has been kept in my basement.  I was a bit wrong on the measurements.  I have some photos of the 2 pieces of wood.  All measurements shown in pictures are same for both pieces of wood

Both pieces here shown

Both pieces measure just shy of 24'' long.