turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Neil Cost Sytle Box Call

Started by Austy, October 04, 2012, 11:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with some dimensions for a traditional Cost Style Box Call.  If I've read correctly I believe that the call starts out from roughly a 2" square block and that the sides are cut at 5 degrees but once the block is cut about how wide should the top and bottom of the call blank be?  While I'm at it I may as well ask how long the box should be 7 1/4" or 7 1/2"?  Any help would be appreciated.

TRKYHTR

I start with a 2X2X8" block. Cut your sides at a 5 degree angle. My bottom of the call is 1" wide and the top of the call will very slightly depending on the exact height of your block and the exact angle. It really don't matter because you are going to cut your arch anyway. The arch will be 1 5/8" high at the center and the ends are 1 3/8" high. I cut my box to 7 3/4". Hope this helps if you need any other help just let me know and I'll tell you what I know.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Austy

Thanks for the information and reply.  I just wanted to double check what I read.  Thanks for the reply to my post.