OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ducks 10/27  (Read 4705 times)

Offline TRKYHTR

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Mother Lode Turkey Calls
Ducks 10/27
« on: October 27, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »
My son and I killed our limits of ducks and 3 geese today. I killed my first duck using one of my turned duck calls. It was an all around great day in the field.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Ducks 10/27
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »
Congrats Joe! Looks like you had a classic father and son hunt,  memories.....

California from all the stories has some of the very best waterfowl hunting in the USA,  how is the hunting pressure?  Down here in Florida its got quite competitive for the ducks -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline TRKYHTR

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Mother Lode Turkey Calls
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
Congrats Joe! Looks like you had a classic father and son hunt,  memories.....

California from all the stories has some of the very best waterfowl hunting in the USA,  how is the hunting pressure?  Down here in Florida its got quite competitive for the ducks -

We hunted the Sacramento WMA. I got drawn #21 for the hunt. It's very hard to get drawn and there were alot of people in the "Sweat line" which is the first come first serve once all of the reservation people get done. We picked a blind that was near the closed zone. CA does have some great waterfowling but it's real difficult to get drawn. You either have to hunt the WMA or belong to a duck club and that can get real expensive.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 08:19:31 AM »
Great shoot Joe.

Pacific flyway....107 day waterfowl season....WOW. I've seen some awesome hunts coming from Cali.

Joe, they don't let you hunt the rivers or core Lakes like Lake Bearissa(sp)?
Georgia Boy

Offline maustypsu

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Dyin' ain't much of a livin'.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
Sweet hunt, Joe.  Has to be rewarding shooting a duck with a call you turned yourself.  Our season comes in the 10th here in NC.  I've done a little scouting but haven't found much.  I  have some new land to check out this weekend but it may be closer to Thanksgiving before I get on them.   :'(