turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Decoy Spread

Started by Ack, March 02, 2011, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ack

Let's hear what everyone uses for decoys when bowhunting birds.

Personally, I use a DSD upright hen and occasionally a custom "feathered" strutter if I'm sitting still for awhile in a field. Always used Buckwing decoys before and never had much luck with them.....then along came my DSD and everything changed!

Nature's Echo Calls ProStaff

Muskie03

I typically use either a jake and a hen or a strutter and a hen. but that can change daily.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

headbanger

Most of the time a hen only but sometimes throw out a jake facing me so the tom can eyeball him with his backside to me. If having to dive behind cover due to finding a close bird while prospecting...nothing.

headbanger

CSAW

DSD upright hen, Half strut Jake, or B-moble.  I keep them close to the blind and usually get 5 to 10 yard shots. 

Cooter

I have a DSD strutter on the way. Looking forward to see how he works.

Planning on using the strutter with my upright and feeding hens when I hunt open fields.

Then using my jake and two hens when I hunt the woods.

All my spreads are from five to fifteen yards.
-}}}--------->

wisconsinteacher

Last year I used Jake mobile and two hens in a field.  I had a tom come to fight old Jake and I missed the shot.  I was using a Bullhead and shot right over his head.  He was too close!!!  This year I am sighting in for 15 yards and putting the pin on the middle of the neck.