OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy 835

Started by econo, March 02, 2011, 07:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

econo

What choke are most people useing in mossy 835, shooting hevi shot or win extenended range 6"s   3 1/2" shells
I noticed the IC are a lot tighter constriction?
May God bless you all

sugarray

There is wide use of different chokes, but the top 2 are probably the Pure Gold .670 and the IC .675.  TruGlo Strut Stopper Xtreme is good at a .670.

Shooting #6 shot, I'd go with the .675 IC.

cassga

Jellyhead .690 is what Im using with good results. Search the forum. There is a lot of info about the 835 choke/shell combos.

mossy835

Carlson .690 works for me. Extended choke handles all turkey loads HM and lead it is also safe to shoot Dead Coyote HM loads. The only time I do not use this choke is on pheasants. There is a lot of info here and all choke makers are more than happy to help you pick the right one.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Choke constrictions from .670 to .695 will be your best bet for turkey chokes.  From what I have seen, you will probably achieve your best patterns from .670 to .680.  That is where I would concentrate my efforts. 

bowhunter84

Quote from: cassga on March 02, 2011, 08:12:27 AM
Jellyhead .690 is what Im using with good results. Search the forum. There is a lot of info about the 835 choke/shell combos.

thats what i shot out of my 835. got real good patterns with it

allaboutshooting

Quote from: econo on March 02, 2011, 07:59:49 AM
What choke are most people useing in mossy 835, shooting hevi shot or win extenended range 6"s   3 1/2" shells
I noticed the IC are a lot tighter constriction?

As has already been stated you have a variety of choices but most 835s seem to do best with a .670 exit diameter. The very best thing you can do to help whatever choke and shell you choose is to first "deep clean" the barrel. It really helps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SR1

I run a Jellyhead .690 for #5 lead and have a pittman .680 Im gona try #7 heavy shot out of when it warms up.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

tactikel

I have a pure gold 670 on my 835- It loves 3.5" mag-blends!
Absolutely deep clean your barrel-it only takes an hour or so-I was astonished at the gunk that came out of a "clean" barrel! If you have the time a polishing would also help (it took me 3-4 hrs). Good luck!

econo

Whats the steps to deep clean the barrel
May God bless you all

VAHUNTER

i use a .670 Pure Gold in my 835. i get great #'s with H13 and lead loads
Good things come to those who wait

matchbook454

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 02, 2011, 10:55:21 AM
Quote from: cassga on March 02, 2011, 08:12:27 AM

thats what i shot out of my 835. got real good patterns with it

I was shooting the .690 Jellyhead with Hevi-13 3.5 x 2.25 x 6's and was getting really good results.  Definately a 50 yd. gun.  I'm shooting TSS now though so I changed my set up.

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ShotgunDave

I'm shooting JH .690 with Hevi 3" 2 oz #6s.  I may buy a PG .670 just to try it out though.   :z-guntootsmiley:

drum817

I use the Indian Creek .675 and Winchester Xtended 3.5" #6's in my 835....I am VERY pleased !!!

Here is 40 yards....

30 yards.......

20 yards......

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"