Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

870 Remington, Hevi Shot Choke .662, Hevi 13 3in 2oz #6 & Win Xtended range #5

Started by MagnumBill, July 25, 2012, 09:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnumBill

A few weeks ago I patterned my 870 with 20" barrel and red dot scope with a new Hevi Shot .662 choke. I am very pleased with how it shot today in 95 degree temperatures. I shot Hevi 13 3-2-#6's and Winchester Xtended range 3-1 3/4-#5's.  See attached pictures...left mouse click pictures below.

Any suggestions on how to make it even better for 40 yard shots?

captin_hook

Nice pattern on the hevi 6s. That's a awsome load and you have a impressive pattern with great #s out of a 3 inch shell. It's not gonna get much better than that shooting the hevi 3-2-6s.

nyhunter

My suggestion is buy more H-13 # 6  and save your money. I wouldn't change a thing your combo is shooting great.

Deputy 14

MagnumBill

Thanks for the feedback.

I do wish I had tried Win Xtended #6's just to compare to the Hevi #6. I was thinking the Hevi #6 would hit harder than the Win #6?

Does anyone have any experience with Hevi 13 #6 and Win xtended HD #6.....which one hits harder at 40 yards?

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: MagnumBill on July 26, 2012, 07:33:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I do wish I had tried Win Xtended #6's just to compare to the Hevi #6. I was thinking the Hevi #6 would hit harder than the Win #6?

Does anyone have any experience with Hevi 13 #6 and Win xtended HD #6.....which one hits harder at 40 yards?

Both are 12g the hevi is 1090fps and the win extnd. is 1225 fps.; The Win extnd. will hit like a freight train.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

MagnumBill

Thanks! I think I will have to at least try the Win Xtended #6's to see how they pattern.

Does anyone know how they will perform with the Hevi choke .662?

gatrkyhntr70

The xr 6's will have a few less pellets than the hevi; they should pattern good but the xr's usually like to be choked more like lead a .655 may be better. Every gun's different though the hevi .662 may be great with them.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

MagnumBill

SKFOOTER

Quote from: MagnumBill on July 27, 2012, 09:42:04 PM
Thanks for the info.

Who makes a .655? Is this special order?

Kick's makes a .655 for RemChoke systems.

MagnumBill

Can a Kick's handle these HD loads and the Hevi's..... I have heard/read mixed comments??

chatterbox

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on July 27, 2012, 01:20:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

The Win extnd. will hit like a freight train.
This. I love these shells. They may not put up hevi-13 numbers, but the uniform consistancy, and sheer power make up for the numbers.

MagnumBill

@Chatterbox

What kind and size choke do you recommend? 40 yd shots....

MagnumBill

Quote from: chatterbox on July 30, 2012, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on July 27, 2012, 01:20:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

What choke for Win xtended 6's do you recommend for 40 yards?

The Win extnd. will hit like a freight train.
This. I love these shells. They may not put up hevi-13 numbers, but the uniform consistancy, and sheer power make up for the numbers.

gatrkyhntr70

Ive shot lots of hevi through the kicks chokes; various guns and guages with no issues just great patterns.

Quote from: MagnumBill on July 27, 2012, 11:15:39 PM
Can a Kick's handle these HD loads and the Hevi's..... I have heard/read mixed comments??
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-