News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Win SX3 and Hevi Shot Turkey Choke Tube

Started by hd mike, March 01, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd mike

Has anyone tried this combo for turkey hunting? The Hevi Shot choke is .664
I have read,  that some have patterned a SX3 with IC .665 or the Jelly Head choke.
I will be patterning the gun, using hevi 13, 3.5", #5 and #6 shot this weekend.

TheSportsman

I havent personally but I know alot of the guys like the IC .675 out of the sx3s with the Hevi 13 6s and 7s

allaboutshooting

Quote from: hd mike on March 01, 2011, 05:54:59 PM
Has anyone tried this combo for turkey hunting? The Hevi Shot choke is .664
I have read,  that some have patterned a SX3 with IC .665 or the Jelly Head choke.
I will be patterning the gun, using hevi 13, 3.5", #5 and #6 shot this weekend.

Yes, I have shot the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke for the Invector+ barrels. It is .664 with internal rings to slow the wad. I have primarily patterned it with 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot at 40 yards. It's a good choke tube that delivers even patterns, in most of the configurations.

I'm still way behind in my writing and need to get the results of all of those chokes published. From my memory, the Invector+ with those shells through my SX3 varied from 170-190 in 10" at 40 yards with no gaping holes that would allow a bird to escape.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

hd mike

Thanks for the information guys.  I will let you know how I do this weekend.

Mike

hd mike

Well, I shot the SX3 this past weekend. All I can say is WOW!
At 28 yds, the turkey head, on the target was gone. I then shot at 45 yds. I had 213 in a 9" circle, 38 in the head and neck.
I used the H-13, 3 1/2", #6 loads. After reading the positive comments about the #7 shot, I am going to try those also.

My poi was 3" higher than my poa. But on center of the target.

WyoHunter

Sounds like you got a turkey killer there but be sure and hold at the base of the neck!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!