turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

CA fall season under review for extension

Started by dlquinn, June 20, 2012, 11:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlquinn

Currently we get 16 days in November, I for one would love a little longer season  :icon_thumright:

"Current regulations provide for a fall wild turkey hunting season beginning the second Saturday in November, extending for 16 days, with a season limit of one either-sex bird. Increases in turkey populations and related problems with their overabundance in some areas, suggest that the current fall season is overly restrictive. This proposal would increase the wild turkey fall season length from 16 to 30 days for the general season, archery season, and falconry season, and increase the season limit to 2 turkeys of either sex for the general season, archery season, and falconry season. Because fall hunting could have an impact to turkey populations on some public lands, an alternative is also presented to increase the season length, thereby providing hunters more time to harvest a bird, but maintain the current season limit of one bird."

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

870BkWht

I hope it goes through for you fellas in CA.  I wish WV would allow a 2 bird limit or more time to fill the tag. 

dlquinn

Just heard our fall season was extended to 30 days and the limit raised to 2 birds of either sex  :z-guntootsmiley:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT