OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Started by Duke0002, February 28, 2011, 09:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"[Jesus] said, 'Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick... For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners'"  (Matt. 9: 12-13).

When my grandmother was 70 years old she was having vision problems and went to the eye doctor.  During the examine the eye doc asked her when the last time she saw her general doctor.  She replied that he had died 30 years before, and the last visit she had with him was when my mother was born -some 20 years before that.  She had nursed herself for 50 years!

Grandma ignored a physician's wisdom and ability, even though common sense tells the rest of us that when we get sick, we should see a doctor.

Likewise, many think they are spirituality healthy when in fact they are spiritually sick.  The mantra goes like this: "I need no Savior.  I'm just as good as the next person.  I do the best I can.  A loving God will not send a good person to hell." But human nature is blind and leads people to disregard sin in the world, sin in itself, and humanity's need for God's salvation in Christ.

However, the Great Physician Jesus Christ came to seek and save the lost.  He declares, "I am the Lord, your healer" (Ex 15:26).  Jesus not only has the power to heal, but also uses our ills on our behalf.  He seeks us, finds us, and cures us from all iniquities.  He washes and cleanses us from our sin (Psalm 51:2).   At the cross, our Great Physician gave Himself for us to give us spiritual health and eternal life. 

You can depend on the Great Physician for your ills of both body and soul.  Don't wait 50 years to visit with your Savior and request His wisdom and ability for your salvation.

-Dale

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

BOFF

Great analogy and Word!!!  :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

mmims

PANYHunter

turkey slayer

Roostem33

Praise God, this is a great message Dale!! Thanks for sharing!

Have a blessed day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)