OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Loss of Valuable Data , Question about Backup System

Started by R AJ, February 07, 2011, 12:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

It is my understanding that we may get our true identity restored over time but my loss is the contacts from PMs and the valuable reference available through the search function. Looking on other sites lets one appreciate what was available here and also what a loss it was. Kudos to Annie for baring with us again! I kidded her last time but she wanted to bare with us again. :icon_thumright:

Would a backup like Carbonite @ $ 55 /year not have saved a site such as this? I am very curious and getting closer to depending on a professional service to have my hard drive and all computer sites saved.

Signed ,
Technologically Challenged for Starters

OldHen

Quote from: RAJ on February 07, 2011, 12:30:22 PM
It is my understanding that we may get our true identity restored over time but my loss is the contacts from PMs and the valuable reference available through the search function. Looking on other sites lets one appreciate what was available here and also what a loss it was. Kudos to Annie for baring with us again! I kidded her last time but she wanted to bare with us again. :icon_thumright:

Would a backup like Carbonite @ $ 55 /year not have saved a site such as this? I am very curious and getting closer to depending on a professional service to have my hard drive and all computer sites saved.

Signed ,
Technologically Challenged for Starters

the server actually has a back up system.... part of the problem was that it was failing....so when a back up goes in....and it will hold it for "x" amoint of time,....when a new back up goes in...the oldest one gets thrown out ----  sadly, because of the issues...it wasnt dropping the older ones...just kept trying to pile the newer ones in...and the drive got full and overloaded....  and on top of that....the newer ones were corrupted...so no good there either.
We did manage to salvage to a certain back up date.... and once the dust settles and we have time....we may be able to open the link back to the other site as a READ ONLY forum...so at least some of the info that was there...can be seen..... you just wont be able to do anything but read---- but you all wouldnt mind that with all the info that was there.... we will be working on that as we can --- tons of things on the to do list!!  but I think the read only will be beneficial!!

West Augusta

Read only won't hurt.  At least we will be able to go in and look.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

R AJ

Annie,
That is very good news and well worth the wait. Thank you for the encouraging news during a time of challenging events.