turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Second 10 gauge bird!

Started by Fastcat, May 19, 2012, 09:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

This tom came gobbling into 25 yards.  He was in thick gooseberries and the big load of #4s cut a tunnel straight to him!  When the gun came down there were feet up in the newly cleared path! I love the sound of a ten in the morning!!  The bird had 1 1/8 spurs weighed 22#s and sported two beards one was 2" and the other was rotted. Off but had about 20 hairs 8 inches long. A great end to another perfect season.

Fastcat

WildTigerTrout

I also love the sound the big ten makes in the morning. :lol: Several years ago I bagged a gobbler with my BPS 10ga. early in the morning. That afternoon I received a phone call from my friend and neighbor who lives down the road from me. He wanted to know how big my gobbler was. I asked him how he knew I killed a gobbler. His response" I heard the boom of that big ten and I was hunting nearly a mile away from you"! I guess the big tens do have a distinct sound! :lol: Congrats on a fine bird. :icon_thumright:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

ElkTurkMan

dirt road ninja