OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Yelpers by Lovett Williams  (Read 7246 times)

Online Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Yelpers by Lovett Williams
« on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »
For as long as I can remember Lovett Williams always made sold and hunted with these Beautifully made wingbone calls ,these are the "Real Deal " don't miss out on the opportunity to own one of these -They will make  a real classy addition to your call collection --Shannon

All yelpers are inscribed with the signature of Lovett Williams and supplied with an adjustable rubber lip guide and how-to-use instructions. In addition, the Osceola is labeled "Osceola" and shipped with a braided lanyard and signed certificate of authenticity. The Hermit is labeled "The Hermit", is serially numbered, and is shipped with a certificate and braided lanyard in a fine walnut presentation box. To see each product, click its link at the bottom of this page.
  click banner for link

Yelper Field Grade #1, from ulna and radius bones, closely resembles the style made by American Indians. It is unsurpassed when you cup your hands over the end as described in the how-to-use instructions. Tuned for hen tones. $29.00.

Yelper Field Grade #2 is made from the same bones as Field Grade #1 with an additional bone piece inserted between the ulna and radius. It is an attractive model slightly longer than Field Grade #1. Tuned for hen tones.
$45.00

"Osceola" is a fine yelper of classic design made from the bones of a Florida wild turkey. The humerus and ulna are from a gobbler, the mouthpiece is from a hen or a small jake. Available in hen or gobbler tones. Tuned for hen tones unless otherwise requested. $66.00

"The Hermit" is a numbered edition yelper made with the radius of an adult hen or young jake, the ulna of a hen, and the femur of a gobbler. Use of the femur is a unique feature that adds more resonance to the tones. Supplied with a braided lanyard and numbered certificate of authenticity in a beautiful walnut box. Tuned for hen tones unless otherwise requested. Scrimshawing available. A practical instrument and beautiful collector's item. $100.00

Braided wingbone yelper lanyards are of dark brown simulated leather with an attachment device to connect to a yelper. The lanyard, which goes around your neck, is long enough to permit the yelper to be placed in an upper pocket of a shirt or jacket without removing from your neck.
$7.95

Custom Wingbone Turkey Yelpers From Your Own Trophy
Handmade by Lovett Williams

No turkey calling instrument has the beauty, durability, tonal excellence, and pure mystique of a classic yelper created from bones of a real wild turkey. And one made from the bones of your own trophy gobbler is something very special indeed. Send me your turkey bones and I will return to you a fine turkey calling instrument, inscribed with your name and signed by me.

See the illustration below for the bones suitable for making yelpers. Refer to the Products pages on this web site to see standard yelper styles. A 3-bone yelper is made from the ulna, radius, and humerus (as is the "Osceola"). A smaller 3-bone type is made from the radius, ulna, and a piece of small piece of ulna from a hen to connect the two longer bones (as in Field Grade #2.) The standard 2-bone model (Field Grade #1) is made with only the ulna and radius. Good yelpers can also be made with the thigh bone substituted for the humerus of the "Osceola"type. All models are equally suitable for hunting. The price difference reflects the difficulty in making them. There are many variations--if you want something completely unique, let's discuss it.

Prices are the same as for corresponding models shown in the products section. Pick out the model you want and ship the bones to me with payment plus $2 for shipping. Call me to discuss preferences and options.

I can make a presentation yelper in a fine wooden box for your fund-raising event from bones I have or from those you supply. The yelpers can be inscribed with appropriate wording such as "The 1999 Boot Hill Longbeards Fund-raiser" and so on.

How to Prepare the Bones

Cooked or raw bones are okay, but do not cook in pressure cooker.

Use a knife to remove all the flesh.
Coat the bones with table salt or borax and air dry for a few hours.
Wrap bones in paper towels, seal in a plastic bag, and ship in a small box or padded envelope. Be sure to include your name inside the plastic bag with the bones.
Ship by U. S. mail to:
Lovett Williams
P. O. Box 870
Cedar Key, FL 32625

Indicate if you want the yelper tuned for gobbler tones as used in fall hunting. To make good hen tones for spring hunting, I can substitute a smaller radius bone if your gobbler radius bone is too large. Instructions for using the wingbone yelper will be supplied with your yelper. There is a chapter about making and using wingbone yelpers in my book After the Hunt With Lovett Williams published by Krause Publications. Price: $15.95 plus $1.50 shipping. Signed copies are available from Real Turkeys™. Order your copy when you order your yelper.

Follow this link to see instructions on How to Use a Wingbone Yelper.

This item is not listed on the order blank.[/b]
Mail:
Real Turkeys™ LLC
P.O. Box 870,
Cedar Key, FL 32625
Phone:
(352) 543-9530
Fax:
(352) 543-9530
Email:
lovett@lovettwilliams.com
    or