turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which choke for lead #4s?

Started by Fastcat, May 15, 2012, 06:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

I am in the market for a new choke for my BPS 10.  My goal is to get good numbers with lead #4s. My current setup patterns 80 hits in the ten with win XX #4s.(the 2 1/4oz load. i am using the Browning factory extra full turkey choke with 720  constriction. I plan to shoot the winchester load or possibly nitro #4s. My top picks are a rhino. 685 or a kicks ..690. Any advice helps. Thanks!!

Punisher

I would probably stay in the .695 to .705 range for Pb 4s.  I have a .685 Rhino that I use with the Nitro Co. 3 oz. #4s that performs better than any choke I have with that load, but the choke really doesn't shoot anything else very well (Win., Fed., Remington).  For the Win. shells (XX or HV) there are three chokes I like for the Pb #4s.  The chokes are a Kicks .695, a Tru Glo Strut Stopper by Bansner (old style Strut Stopper),  and a Comp-N-Choke XX Full .705.  I have a Trulock .695 on the way to try with the Win. shells and a Trulock XFull (.735 I think) to try with the Fed. FC shells.  I will report back with the performance of these chokes. 

Fastcat

Thanks that is all great information! Can i ask what kind of #s are you getting with the chokes you mentioned?

Punisher

Right around 95/10/40 to 105/10/40 with all chokes mentioned with both Win. XX and Win. HV #4s.  I opt to go with the HVs because I am not really getting any more with the XXs in the 10, plus the XXs have slower velocity.  I hope this helps.

Fastcat

Thanks that's just the info i was looking for! 105 at 40 with #4sa will kill one for sure.