OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

laminating corian - what glue?

Started by .308, February 27, 2011, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've got some scrap corian from some projects and from work and want to laminate it in 3/8"w x 1"h strips to turn some pots.  I've read that thick CA glue works good, any others? 

Thanks,
Chris

Austy

I would suggest Smooth On EA 40.  It is a 2 part epoxy that is mixed at a ratio of 1 to 1 and is available in pint cans, 1 pint can for each part and not too expensive.  Its easy to work with, takes some time to cure but once it is cured is nice to work with as far as sanding and finishing.  The curing process can be speed up by putting a 100 watt light bulb on just above the item that you put together.  I have laminated a few pots together using this stuff and it worked out great for me.  It is a very common epoxy used by bowyers and I have been using it for a few years building my recurve bows.  It is used by bowyers to laminate the limbs of a recurve or long bow together or to laminate a riser together with multiple pieces of wood.  When putting a bow together you have a wood and a fiberglass which is a somewhat similar type of product like you want to put together so I think it would work great for your application.  It keeps a recurve bow limb together under that stress so unless your that hard on your turkey hunting equipment I think it would work out great for you.

Thanks for the responses - good stuff.