turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BPS 10 camo wrap

Started by dirt road ninja, May 08, 2012, 02:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

After reading about y'alls 10's here for months I took mine out of the closet after 15 + years of storage. My father bought it for me when I was in the 11th grade to use goose hunting. Well it was the nicest shotgun I had, so it was also used for turkeys till I bought an 835 after freshman year of college. I killed my first 10 or so turkeys with then put it away for the camo dipped 835. After pulling it out I ordered a camo wrap kit for it on-line and just got around to installing it. The kit cost about 35 bucks and came out pretty good. It should have been better, but my 5 year old was my "helper" putting it on. After reading the post here on OG I think I'm going to try an IC .690 first with the MB and Nitro 7's. Been chasing 300 for awhile with the 835 and haven't got there yet, but I think with 10 I will.

Before

After

WildTigerTrout

I think your BPS looks great taped up. How long is the barrel?
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

dirt road ninja

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on May 08, 2012, 05:43:14 PM
I think your BPS looks great taped up. How long is the barrel?

28" - Thanks

deadbuck

Is that wrap permanent or designed to be removed and re-applied later?

dirt road ninja

Quote from: deadbuck on May 09, 2012, 09:02:22 AM
Is that wrap permanent or designed to be removed and re-applied later?

It is removable, but I don't think after it is applied it can be reused. While installing it you can lift it and restick, but after ya hit with a hair drier it's on there. It is made by the same folk who make the do it yourself vehicle wraps.

http://camoclad.com/

There is a link to the place I bought. Not sure how it will hold up, but it seems to be pretty tough.

Iamlegend

Great job. Thanks for the link, I never knew the stuff existed. Ive wanted to camo my gun but ive heard bad stuff about the tape.

davisd9

Did the choke make it in yesterday?  You patterning?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Guess i should have read your other post.  Want to see pictures!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer