OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally patterned MagBlend in my SP10 today w/PIC

Started by deadbuck, May 06, 2012, 07:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbuck

Lasered 40 yards with a SP10 26 inch barrel shooting a .695 Jellyhead. Temps were mid 80's and a dirty barrel. Pattern had 2 egg sized holes in it and still shot 221. Blew the target stand over and I knew it when it went off! If it did not have 2 holes in pattern would have gone 275 easy. What ya'll think?

4nolz2

thats the longer barrel right? how old is the gun? thumbhole?

deadbuck

Not the longest barrel. They make a 23, 26, and 30 inch. I have the 26 inch

OldMarine

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

SKFOOTER

Quote from: deadbuck on May 06, 2012, 07:41:35 PM
Lasered 40 yards with a SP10 26 inch barrel shooting a .695 Jellyhead. Temps were mid 80's and a dirty barrel. Pattern had 2 egg sized holes in it and still shot 221. Blew the target stand over and I knew it when it went off! If it did not have 2 holes in pattern would have gone 275 easy. What ya'll think?

Did you try any other chokes with that load?? :OGturkeyhead:

deadbuck

4nolz2

intresting-I have the same gun,same choke and tried magblends and ended up trading them due to poor patterns.I guess thats why its important to pattern your gun.Thanks for posting. :funnyturkey:

SKFOOTER

Quote from: 4nolz2 on June 27, 2012, 03:04:42 PM
intresting-I have the same gun,same choke and tried magblends and ended up trading them due to poor patterns.I guess thats why its important to pattern your gun.Thanks for posting. :funnyturkey:
Do you have a 26" barrel like he did??

deadbuck

I really don't think 221 is that great. Am hoping Sumtoy can beat that and I will switch to one of his chokes as soon as he gets through testing them here shortly. I have always killed every bird I have shot at with this guin, but I think it is capable of higher numbers without having to shoot #7's to get higher counts..

4nolz2

yes 26" intresting huh? I agree 221 isnt the best to hope for.I guess we can get too anal about all this sometimes though at least I know I can.

lordy I love 10 gauges

tha bugman