OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 10 is here!... and it works!

Started by Fastcat, May 04, 2012, 10:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

Three weeks ago I bought a BPS 10 from a friend up north.  It was brought down here this week by a relative and i first put my hands on it this morning. Its a Stalker with a 24 inch barrel.  The bluing is a little worn from life in a case but otherwise its in great condition. I arrived at the family farm a little late this morning so the patterning process was a little un scientific but totally fitting for a classic Wisconsin turkey hunt. It involved smashing a used tractor oil filter with a win XX #4 at 30 yards.  Then it was off to hunt with my favorite uncle.  We sat down on a steep timbered side hill over looking a river. A few calls had a tom coming fast through the timber gobbling all the way.  I ranged a log in his direction at 40 yards exactly.  Moments later the tom strutted across the log giving me my only clear shot. The ten roured! And yes they do rour! He fell without a flop with several #4s in his head and neck. When i made my way up to him i realized that he was the best turkey i have ever taken. He weighed 24 pounds and had a 10 inch beard. What caught my eye was his spurs! Both over 1 inch and 5/8s!  Needless to say it was a memorable hunt with my favorite uncle.  Also i think this is the beginning of a new friendship between me and the big ten!

WildTigerTrout

Congrats. Great bird. I love my "Big Ten" 24" BPS Stalker and I'm sure you do too after making one take such a quick "Dirt Nap". :lol:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Fastcat

I should add that 20 minutes later two more toms came in and my uncle tagged out in the same setup! Not killed with a ten but part of the same great hunt.

Michigander

Awesome, man nothing gets me geeked up like a nice set of hooks. Congrats!

frank1969

cat good bird and the big ten is the real deal been usen an sp 10 for close 20 years and the ten for 30 nuthen but death when the hammer falls now i got 5 sp 1 single 2 doubels and 2 pumps like tours and want to get a over an under with up to 24 in bbr

Fastcat

I do love some nice spurs! Also love how substantial the ten feels!