OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: WHISTEL UP A FLOCK  (Read 5164 times)

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
WHISTEL UP A FLOCK
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
Anyone ever whisteld up a flock with kee kees?I found one year If you can hear a flock you can useally call hens up with keekee whistel from your mouth.

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: WHISTEL UP A FLOCK
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
Do it for kicks while bowhunting. No fall turkey season here so I just mess with them.

Offline old3toe

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »
  I have been doing this for a long time. since i was a boy. It really does work good in the fall although most think I'm crazy if i talk about doing it. From lost birds to whole flocks they will respond and I've found it best when you have a whole fock with a few talking back to you to kee kee the exact notes they do to you. Singles and doubles seem to come in fairly quickly whereas the larger groups slowly work around to you taking their time. I killed a henn this fall with my bow in september and kee kee'd them back twice after taking the first bird. They came within 20 yards three times all together but we can only take one bird a day here in ky so i just messed with them to see how many times they would work back in. I'm almost certain they thought they were hearing the bird i removed previously so were sure she was calling them back.

Offline jblackburn

• Paintbrush Beard
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 02:57:22 AM »
Used kee Kees from my mouth and a call to kill a bird for thanksgiving dinner this year.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.