OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem. 11-87 3" with Sumtoy .673

Started by Grunt-N-Gobble, April 26, 2012, 11:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt-N-Gobble

After getting my new Sumtoy choke this past Monday, I wasn't sure if I'd get a chance to shoot before our season starts on Saturday.  Luckily, I was able to get out yesterday after work and test some new handloads.  Also, just want to give a note of thanks to those guys that helped me out with developing loads. 
I'm pretty happy with the duplex load.  The straight HW7's I'm going to work on more, but it's a good start since its my first time shooting straight HW's

All shots were at 40-40.5yds.

yelpy

I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with either of them. They look gooood! Great work! I would say everything worked out for you just in the nick of time. I am curious to see what the patterns will look like the next time you do some testing.

Thanks for posting, I may have to invest in a Sumtoy.

HuntSource

Nice patterns! You're clearly doing your homework.

vtmchunter

Those are some great patterns.  Good luck!

hunter-b

captin_hook

deerslayer357

Grunt-N-Gobble

Thanks guys.

Loaded up 5 of those duplex shells last night for this season.  I've got two tags so lets hope I only need to shoot twice!!

Gold Spur

Those are some awesome patterns!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

cannonball

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Grunt-N-Gobble

Back to the top I see................

It's going to be a little while until I get to do some more shooting I figure.  The range @ the gun club is being re-done, everything from the canopy, benches, backstops, the works.  It'll be really nice once its finished.  I guess I could go out to the one property I hunt and shoot off the tailgate of my truck, or sitting @ a tree, but I like the bench a little more.

But, I really do like that duplex load.  Did get two birds this past spring.  1 @ 40yds and the other @ 23yds.