OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you were asking about a turkey call...

Started by lightsoutcalls, February 07, 2011, 10:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

OG is back up and running!!!!

Unfortunately all of the PMs that were in our accounts are like poo from the space station... lost in space. 

That said...  if you had contacted me about a turkey call and I had not responded, please shoot me a PM and I will be glad to get back on track with questions asked.

THANKS!!!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

ghillie

:hello99:  Wendell...
I hadn't sent any mail yet but I will   :icon_thumright:  curious about the best strikers for the copper pot..I've been trying the ones that you have sent but I just can't seem to get the sounds right...any thoughts??  Not sure if it's the strikers or what...kinda scratchin my head???

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: ghillie on February 07, 2011, 11:34:34 AM
:hello99:  Wendell...
I hadn't sent any mail yet but I will   :icon_thumright:  curious about the best strikers for the copper pot..I've been trying the ones that you have sent but I just can't seem to get the sounds right...any thoughts??  Not sure if it's the strikers or what...kinda scratchin my head???

For some unknown reason, I tried a cedar striker on a copper call about a week ago. MAN, it had some great soft sounds.  Canarywood sounds great on them, with more volume and a bit more edgy sound... and definitely raspy.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

kj

I bought two of Wendell's calls last year (slate and aluminum) and love them.  He was very easy to deal with too.  Wanted to win a third in bingo last week but that was not to be.

I used them getting my fall turkey and have been playing with them 10 minutes everyday until spring season starts 26 March.

Highly recommended!  Great sound and works of art.

[attachment deleted by admin]