Started by drum817, February 27, 2011, 05:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

Terry

ccleroy

Longbeardfever4ever

Quote from: ccleroy on May 23, 2012, 02:27:26 PM
Sounds good, but I'd smoke him natural.

Dude from what I've heard the guy's insane with his voice too.. I know his scream is. I do wish they brought natural voice contests back! It'd be awesome to listen to both of you.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

ccleroy

Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on May 23, 2012, 04:20:18 PM

Dude from what I've heard the guy's insane with his voice too.. I know his scream is. I do wish they brought natural voice contests back! It'd be awesome to listen to both of you.

That was meant to be more of a joke,I know he's very talented, the owl hooting contest are ones I find myself tuned to more than calling. My personal favorite is Mark Prudhomme from here in SC, natural voice wins over calls hands down every time and takes more skill IMHO.

Longbeardfever4ever

Quote from: ccleroy on May 23, 2012, 05:54:37 PM

That was meant to be more of a joke,I know he's very talented, the owl hooting contest are ones I find myself tuned to more than calling. My personal favorite is Mark Prudhomme from here in SC, natural voice wins over calls hands down every time and takes more skill IMHO.

Lol I wondered! But I definitely envy anyone that can do natural voice stuff. I can coyote bark and howl really well and my owl hoot is ok but that's it.
Mark Prudhomme is a great caller!!
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

ccleroy

Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on May 23, 2012, 07:12:41 PM
Quote from: ccleroy on May 23, 2012, 05:54:37 PM

Lol I wondered! But I definitely envy anyone that can do natural voice stuff. I can coyote bark and howl really well and my owl hoot is ok but that's it.
Mark Prudhomme is a great caller!!

O now I can hold my own with the best natural voice, all I've ever used hooting. I'm just not made for the stage like most of them......lol

OLE RASPY

You got any videos of you doing this with natrual voice i like to watch it. :icon_thumright:

ccleroy

Quote from: OLE RASPY on May 23, 2012, 08:59:18 PM
You got any videos of you doing this with natrual voice i like to watch it. :icon_thumright:

Lol, quite camera shy..... I'll leave that to the pros.

drenalinld

That sounds awesome! Crazy thing for me is I sound pretty realistic on a Harrison and a couple others but get way more gobbles from my natural voice which is not at all real and a cheap primos hoot tube that sounds like a whistle???

I have one hunting buddy who is half owl. He sounds better with his voice than most owls but can't get him on video or in a contest. His best friend and hunting partner is the best turkey caller i have ever heard with his voice and is very shy about it.

zhlhunter

Just got my Harrison hoot n stick in the mail today, great call. All I can say is I need to practice to even get close to sounding like James. I can't seem to roll my throat like his video says yet.

dirt road ninja

[quote author=drenalinld

I have one hunting buddy who is half owl. He sounds better with his voice than most owls but can't get him on video or in a contest. His best friend and hunting partner is the best turkey caller i have ever heard with his voice and is very shy about it.
[/quote]

Funny you post this. I knew an older gentleman who could call great with a leaf. He only showed me one or two times. I asked him once to demonstrate is talent in front of a few guys I leased property with and he wouldn't.