OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

James Harrison just posted a YouTube video

Started by drum817, February 27, 2011, 05:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

James Harrison the designer of the Hoot n Stick just posted a video on YouTube and it is GREAT !!!! Here is the link...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As_djxF2ntk
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

shootumindaface

I remember that guy, stopped by the booth in Nashville and had him sounding decent in minutes.. Glad to see he is still working on it.. Hes getting there

drum817

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 27, 2011, 11:08:50 AM
I remember that guy, stopped by the booth in Nashville and had him sounding decent in minutes.. Glad to see he is still working on it.. Hes getting there

::) :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

unclerick

Yeap thats the guy that I baught my call from, he played several for me till I heard the one I liked the best.   :icon_thumright:
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

Gobblerstopper

:TooFunny:

You even sold him a shirt.

shootumindaface

Quote from: Gobblerstopper on February 27, 2011, 07:33:11 PM

You even sold him a shirt.

Eric Gregg

It is official: i am taking my Primos hoot flute and throwing it straight in the garbage :fud:

shad309

Quote from: TeocTom on February 28, 2011, 01:46:14 PM
It is official: i am taking my Primos hoot flute and throwing it straight in the garbage :fud:

HA!

After watching that I'm too ashamed to hoot by voice anymore so I called James up and put one on order......

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

harvester

Great video, I just hope I can get mine to sound that good.

longbeards21

It drives me crazy, I cant figure out how to "roll my throat". I cant figure out how to make that part.

northwoodshntr

Quote from: longbeards21 on March 06, 2011, 07:29:08 PM
It drives me crazy, I cant figure out how to "roll my throat". I cant figure out how to make that part.
Try to stop forcing it. Don't "make" it happen....Relax and allow it to happen. It's not so much a willfull muscular act as it is allowing the air coming out causing it to flutter. It takes practice but it's what works for me.
 If I could owl hoot with my natual voice as well as James Harrison I wouldn't need the stick.

shootumindaface

Quote from: northwoodshntr on March 08, 2011, 04:22:26 PM

If I could owl hoot with my natual voice as well as James Harrison I wouldn't need the stick.
LOL I was thinking the same thing.. James is a talented individual with his voice. Not that it makes a lick of difference but he can do horse whinnies, donkey sounds etc etc  Its nutz

northwoodshntr

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 12, 2011, 09:13:55 AM
Quote from: northwoodshntr on March 08, 2011, 04:22:26 PM

LOL I was thinking the same thing.. James is a talented individual with his voice. Not that it makes a lick of difference but he can do horse whinnies, donkey sounds etc etc  Its nutz
Is that pure talent or too much time on your hands growing up??????

GSLAM95

Ironwood Hooter from Steve in the making as I type this.  I met up with a couple of characters (Cornbread & Scot) at the National this year that were blowing one of Steve's Hooters in the hallway as we were leaving our room,  they are now new friends and good peeps all around.

I have since visited with Steve on the phone a couple of times and I am sure others will be flooding him with orders.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.