OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

do turkeys always gobble on roost

Started by ohiostrutter, April 22, 2012, 06:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiostrutter

Just like the title says will turkeys gobble off roost everyday

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey_slayer

Nope. Its like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get  ;D. Might gobble on the roost, might gobble on the ground but not on the roost, might not gobble at all, might gobble mid day if he had ladies and they left. You just never know  ;D

TrackeySauresRex

They only gobble on the roost when you hit them with the squeeling hen  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
Just kiddin ya  ;D  Just like the rest say.....  Just because you don't here them,dosen't mean there not there.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

NYbassman

No. Been scouting three longbeards for our upcoming NY opener on one of the farms I hunt, and they have yet to make a peep on the roost when I have been there several mornings. The do gobble several times right after flydown though.

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

gotcha

Sherrell

No and when I'm hunting some public land spots...I hope the don't.I already know where they should be roosted anyway.they'll hit the dirt when they come in silent just the same.

chatterbox

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

gtrjames

I scouted an old bird for several days around an open field and never heard him gobble...I was sneaking in to set up on him before daylight when a coyote howled and he shock gobbled about twenty yards ahead of me...a little closer than I had figured on..I froze in my tracks and yelped softly one time about flydown time...he landed at about 50 yds and worked his way to me in a strut spitting and drumming the whole way....this was back when it was a 35 yd game if that tells you anything....he had an 11 inch rope and 1 1/4 spurs....one of my best hunts ever.

tomstopper

n2deer