OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional, 02-27-2011 The Lord and His Trumpet Caller !

Started by pappy, February 26, 2011, 09:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Many of you know, I am building trumpet calls, well, if you want to call them that, they make noise, they look sort of trumpety, you use them with your mouth like a trumpet, anyhow.......I like to think of things sometimes a little bit different then most, unique, yep and willing to share my thoughts aloud. I wanted you to know that the trumpet is the instrument of choice for the Lord, not that He would be sitting under a tree covered in ticks and leaves, trying to become acquainted with some old Tom roosting or gandering across an open field....our Lord uses His trumpet like so.....
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first."  I Thessalonians 4:16There is coming a grand and glorious day, when the mighty trumpet of God shall blow, have you been listening? Unlike that wary old turkey, we are supposed to respond freely to it's call. Without fear, without second thought, just respond dead or........." Then we whcih are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord." Rest assured my brothers and sisters in Christ, we are to be called, but, sadly there are many who like the turkey, would rather sway away for the call, who would rather sit on a branch in life, without second thought of their eternal state. God isn't going to make any yelps, cutts or kee-kees....to attract those stubborn souls, He will however, send His Spirit, prayerfully they will jump out of that roost and answer His call.....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mmims

Yes Sir! Can't wait to hear ole Gabriel blast on that Trumpet! What a day that will be! Great Devotional Jack!

Mike

BOFF

Quote from: mmims on February 27, 2011, 08:10:47 AM
Yes Sir! Can't wait to hear ole Gabriel blast on that Trumpet! What a day that will be! Great Devotional Jack!

Mike

Amen!!

There will be no sorrows there, and no more more burdens to bear,...  What a day that will be!!!

Thanks pappy!!! I like the parallel with the  turkey calling!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

turkey slayer

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.