OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pedersoli 10ga

Started by LBSS, April 21, 2012, 10:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSS

Anyone hunting with the pedersoli sxs10ga ML shotgun?
I read its only capable of up to 1.5oz of shot ir so.
nice looking gun overall

Old Gobbler

A very good friend of mine has one for over 15 years I think it is the one you could get throuh Cabelas back in the day - it is nice , a very nice shotgun , I think it had screw in chokes too

He was shooting it with steel shot cups unslited ,  and lead - not sure but it performed quite well 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mnbirdbuster

I own the same gun, its rated for 109gr of ffg powder and 1 1/2oz of shot! I built mine from a kit a couple months ago, and i love it! Mine doesnt have screw in chokes, but rather a cylinder barrel, and a modified barrel. Ive shot it many times thus far, ive worked up a "General" game load that consists of 90gr Pyrodex RS, and 1 1/4oz of #6 shot, should be bad medicine on pheasants out to 35yds. I did play around with a turkey load for it, and i would go with 105gr Pyrodex RS, and 1 1/2oz of buffered #6. The cylinder barrel would be my <25yd barrel, and the modified my 25-35yd barrel :z-guntootsmiley: It throws an even pattern with that setup, i have yet to try 10ga plastic shotcups in it, but intend to. One heads up though...most 10ga shotcups will accept more lead than what the gun is rated for :character0029: Id get a scale and begin cutting down a shotcup in length until you get to where the shotcup is coming in at 1 1/2oz when topped off. They measure and remember that length, or cut a bunch right off the bat :OGturkeyhead:

LBSS

I want to find one with screw in chokes. I hear their not the same threads as any of the other 10ga chokes on the narket but thats fine a few companys will make custom chokes
Also id like to get the pistol grip stock don't know if yall seen them.

How do they pattern?  Wonder about 1 1/2 oz of hevishot #7s
bpi makes that short wad

mnbirdbuster

Either way, the old way of thinking was if you want more lead go up in gauge. Well, by todays standards 1 1/2oz of shot isnt alot of pellets, with a HTL load its actually less :anim_25: Accept the gun for what it is, and itll fulfill what its meant to do! I have a Knight TK 2000 thats rated for 2 1/2oz of shot and 120gr of powder, and believe it or not...its far from the "Best" patterning load that the gun produces.

LBSS

I contacted their U.S dealer.  He said the newer pistol grip model with chokes is 995$
Seems like alot of money for a muzzleloader but boy do they look good.

mnbirdbuster

I got mine on sale fron Dixie Gun Works for $650. They were normally $850 :z-winnersmiley:

LBSS

Thinking about a ideal buckshot load.

3 .50 cal round balls equal about 1 1/2 oz payload i think.
That's 1,600ftlbs at 1100fps. Or some hornady 58cal rbs.

What do you think about goex powder?

mnbirdbuster

Goex is great stuff :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Id use if i could get real bp, but where i live its hard to come by so i shoot Pyrodex RS :fud: