OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tomwacka 12ga  (Read 5711 times)

Offline MKMGOBL

Tomwacka 12ga
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
Took the MDM Tomwacka out of the gun safe tonight and gave it a good cleaning, measured out 7 loads of 2oz. 5X6X7 shot and have everything ready for tomorrow ;D It's been a while since I got the smokepole but now that NH is allowing 7 shot, I'd like to dirt nap one with it this year.

Last time I had it out, it was throwing one heck of pattern. Better than any on my 12 or 20ga thumpers under 30 yards. I hope it's still spitting them good ;) I know there were several people on here that were using the smokepole on turkeys and was wondering if it's still a hit.
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
Re: Tomwacka 12ga
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:11:43 PM »
That sounds good, best of luck to you, let us know how well it does!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline MKMGOBL

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »
First of all, sorry for not posting this in the black powder sub board. I looked for it but not after I opened the gun board. Hopefully a mod will move it for me. THANKS Old Gobbler for the quick fix on my mistake :icon_thumright:

Well the patterning day went OK. They only had a 30 yard targets so I still have some shooting left to do even though I have no real intention of shooting past 30. I still like to see where the 20 and 40 yard shot is hitting and what the pattern is doing. I do not have adjustable sight just a front bead so I had to hold at the base of the neck. The gun is tapped for a scope base but not sure if I want to top it off with one. I guess it all depends on the cost of adding a front sight.

Anyways, here is a photo of my 2nd shot with the Tomwacka. It seem I still have the right choke, load and powder ;D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:07:33 PM by MKMGOBL »
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »
Looking good!

Offline Nick_The_Tinkerer

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:11 PM »
 :z-winnersmiley: