OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Update Browning Gold 10

Started by TNsavageman, April 19, 2012, 07:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNsavageman

So I shot a variety of shells today. Remington 4s 21/4 ounce, Winchester 2oz 5s, and Hevishot Magblends 4x5x7s. All of these through a IC .710. Needless to say I am still on the hunt. What should I do next?

Fastcat

Maybe a tighter constriction?

TNsavageman

It seems like a lot of folks here like the .690. I am just curious what brand at this point

eight bore

What numbers are you getting ?
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

TNsavageman

Can't give you an exact figure but it wasn't tight. It was spread out all over the place. I am going to guess and say 65-80 at 30.

eight bore

There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Old Gobbler

685 - to 695 in chokes  - with most ammo -

the .720 in rhino seems to be only real good on the nitro 2.5 triplex ....dont know why its just what I have seen

the first 2 shells you shot are not the best proven performers for pellet count so that could be holding you back with that choke

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ctwny1

Call Chuck Boswell over at Kick's (He's the owner of Kicks) and talk to him. He'll set you up with the right combo of choke and what shells you should be shooting. Call him at 1-800-587-2779.

TNsavageman

I've got a good friend who just gave me a rhino .690, so I am going to try it. I will definately call and check with Kicks though. Thanks for all the help fellows, maybe I can get this thing going before long.
Eli

TNsavageman

Shot the gun with the Rhino .690 and the 3oz lead loads from Nitro that he gave me with it. All I can say is WOW lol Now all I need is to locate some more of them shells before i head out west in two weeks. Haha. I only had six of them and I shot two. I could still take the old 835 but the big ten is awesome :funnyturkey: