turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buyers beware!!!!!

Started by joshb311, April 17, 2012, 06:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshb311

Just a bit of warning to fellow members. Don't take your gun to William at SumToy..... unless you want to get some outstanding results!   :icon_thumright: I took my Nova (with virgin barrel fresh from Benelli) to William this morning and have to say that I was absolutely thrilled at the results of the visit. Let me first say that William is a great guy to deal with. Very friendly, informative and EXTREMELY good at what he does.

After a little conversation we stepped over to his range and fired off three rounds with my new choke. We started with two junk shells to see where it was shooting at 35 feet, which happened to be a couple of inches low. William loaded the Win HV 6,3,1 3/4 that I had brought with me and it took me one pattern at 30 yards to see that I had found my new choke. I have no official numbers as of yet, but hope to be posting some pics and stats tomorrow evening. It's hands down the best pattern I have seen this particular gun put down so far.

I would recommend these chokes again and again. Thanks much to William. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's good to hear.  It seems that William has won the hearts of quite a few members here over his chokes and his customer service.  And that right there in itself says a lot about William as a person.  Great service and a great product is what the world needs more of these days.  

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

chatterbox

My SumToy Choke shoots fantastic patterns out of my 835 in a .675 constriction.
I am very pleased with the quality of the work, but more importantly, the character of the man.

R AJ

Quote from: joshb311 on April 17, 2012, 06:17:18 PM
Just a bit of warning to fellow members. Don't take your gun to William at SumToy..... unless you want to get some outstanding results!   :icon_thumright: I took my Nova (with virgin barrel fresh from Benelli) to William this morning and have to say that I was absolutely thrilled at the results of the visit. Let me first say that William is a great guy to deal with. Very friendly, informative and EXTREMELY good at what he does.

After a little conversation we stepped over to his range and fired off three rounds with my new choke. We started with two junk shells to see where it was shooting at 35 feet, which happened to be a couple of inches low. William loaded the Win HV 6,3,1 3/4 that I had brought with me and it took me one pattern at 30 yards to see that I had found my new choke. I have no official numbers as of yet, but hope to be posting some pics and stats tomorrow evening. It's hands down the best pattern I have seen this particular gun put down so far.

I would recommend these chokes again and again. Thanks much to William. 

The first line almost got my hair raised . Almost. I just received a Sum Toy choke yesterday for a 20 gauge tru-choke thread and in the USSG 20 ga 26" SXS  it is an exceptional choke pattern. At 33 yards the Federal HW #7 sent 173 pellets inside the 10 inch circle . With Fed FC #6 lead I got 108 in the 10 and 64 inside an 8" circleat 33 yds. using dead center from POA using the front bead sight  only. These chokes are the real deal for my needs as well.

joshb311

Quote from: RAJ on April 17, 2012, 09:13:12 PM

The first line almost got my hair raised . Almost. I just received a Sum Toy choke yesterday for a 20 gauge tru-choke thread and in the USSG 20 ga 26" SXS  it is an exceptional choke pattern. At 33 yards the Federal HW #7 sent 173 pellets inside the 10 inch circle . With Fed FC #6 lead I got 108 in the 10 and 64 inside an 8" circleat 33 yds. using dead center from POA using the front bead sight  only. These chokes are the real deal for my needs as well.

Yea, I was hoping to try and attract as much attention as possible and share my positive results. He showed me some target shotguns he's done and I was :drool: all over the place. I can't wait to get my Stoeger and have him fit a choke for it as well.

R AJ

William will do his best to please  you or amaze you with his attention to your desires. I would hate to know that I had not given him the opportunity to design a choke need that I had. I have been absolutely amazed at the consistency and versatility of his chokes using lead and HTL. I attribute some of it to being non-ported an da lot of it to his genius in choke design and attention to detail. They just work for me period.

ccleroy

He's my go to guy for chokes from now on, I've got a .650 for my SBE and it is outstanding!

gobblingghost

Ya'll going to make his head swell  :TooFunny: I have had  two of Williams choke since before season and they will put the shot on target.

archery1

:z-winnersmiley: :icon_thumright:
got 1 of his chokes for my moss 835 last year and it beat out 2 of the other top brands for the mossberg 835
it will be my choke for the 28th for sure
aTHANKS AGAIN FOR MY SUMTOY CHOKE
Take a kid hunting

goblr77

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Shot one at 53 yards yesterday with a sumtoy .650 and one at 7 yards this morning.

William is the man and has a superior quality product.

killdee

Good to hear, I just bought a nice 870 20 gauge and rather than go through a handfull of chokes I will just give him a call and go with his suggestion. I like to support a local Georgia boy to boot.

bustedspur

magedon44