OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Choke for Stoeger P-350  (Read 6548 times)

Offline intherut

Choke for Stoeger P-350
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
I bought a stoeger p350 just before the opener and can't find a choke to get good patterns. Right now I have an undertaker that's ported. A friend had it and let me have it. I'm getting terrible patterns with it and need to switch to a new one. I'm shooting hevi shot magnum blend from a friends recommendation. Open to any recommendations that'll produce a great pattern. Thanks.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: Choke for Stoeger P-350
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »
Alot of it is what shell you going to shoot.  650 up to 670.  650 with lead and the 7's.  660 with the 31/2 inch 6's and 7's.  The 670 will be a good hunting choke.  Now that said we have seen some of the 670 guns go BIG. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline NC-struts

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
Any specific brands to stay away from?  I have the same gun and am in a similiar boat.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
I am loyal to SumToy  :z-flirtysmile3:.  Now that said the Kicks works 645 to 650.  The IC from what I seen most folks run 665.  The HV-13 chokes looks to be working in the gun.  It will work about like the Nova.  :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline intherut

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
Thanks for the advice. There's not many reviews on the stoger pump. I was looking at the carlson ported turkey choke. i'm not positive what shell i'm gonna put through it but i was thinking the hevi-shot magnum blend. i've read good things about it. i'm not to sure what would be best. dont know much about what each shot is good for. what would you shell would you guys recommend? thanks a ton.

Offline allaboutshooting

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
    • allaboutshooting
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 08:14:33 AM »
Thanks for the advice. There's not many reviews on the stoger pump. I was looking at the carlson ported turkey choke. i'm not positive what shell i'm gonna put through it but i was thinking the hevi-shot magnum blend. i've read good things about it. i'm not to sure what would be best. dont know much about what each shot is good for. what would you shell would you guys recommend? thanks a ton.

I'd recommend the 3" Hevi-13 standard load of 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot in the "Bronze" shell. I'd also recommend the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke for that gun. It makes an excellent combination. Many of my readers are using that combo with great results. Of course, I'd recommend that you "deep clean" the bore.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."