OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old furniture (now with pics)

Started by selinoid44, February 26, 2011, 05:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selinoid44

I have had a old head board and foot board from a bed just waiting to be cut into turkey calls and strikers. I made my first striker out of it today. The wood is very hard and red-ish brown in color. I'm not sure what it is. The guy I got the bed from was my neighbor and he was 96 at the time, I believe it was 2006. He and his wife collected old antique furniture, in fact we have a beautiful old hutch that he gave us. It wouldn't suprise me if that bed was 100 plus years old. All of which was turned on a lathe. Anyway I now have a awesome striker and will probably make a commeretive pot-n-striker just to have sittin on the old hutch.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

redarrow

MAN,you just sawed up a 14th century King Louis Somebodys bed thats  worth a couple hundred thou. I seen it on Antique Road Show.  :toothy12:

neal

Quote from: redarrow on February 26, 2011, 07:11:01 PM
MAN,you just sawed up a 14th century King Louis Somebodys bed thats  worth a couple hundred thou. I seen it on Antique Road Show.  :toothy12:
:TooFunny:

I was kinda thinking the same thing! Wonder what it was worth?

Can't wait to see the call!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Roostem33

That is cool, can't wait to see pics.!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

jv

Would love to see before and after pictures
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

selinoid44

You want pics? :icon_thumright:
This is the bed. I'm not sure what finish is on this thing but it's a smooth, hard very dark, almost black finish.

The foot board after I cut one dowel out of it.

And I think the wood is a South American Mahogany. Here is the striker I made. I can't wait to get some calls out of it.

And just for kicks I wanted to show off our hutch. My wife wont let me cut it up. Imagine that! :TooFunny:

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785