OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Gold 10

Started by TNsavageman, April 16, 2012, 08:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNsavageman

I have been reading on here for a while, and decided I needed to sign up.Yesterday, I bought a Browning Gold 10 NWTF. I am trying to get some information on loads and chokes for this gun. I have always shot lead through my 835, and have been happy with the results. Just curious what you guys are shooting. I am eyeing the Nitro 3oz Economy loads. What do you guys recommend? Awesome site by the way!

runngun

1st off welcome to OG!!! Congrats on your new gun. I have the same exact gun and I am shooting a Kicks choke that came in the gun and NITRO'S. However I can't tell you which NITRO'S cause a very good friend gave me 12 shells!!! Patterns are excellent is an understatement.
I have seen the 10's throw excellent patterns with lead 5's.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Rockhound

withe the h13 #5s i can push into 170, with the black winchesters i can put up 130s in the # 5, old fed #5 will do about 115, black winchesters in #4 will put up about 115 and the xx mags in #4 will push 130 in a ten at 40. these are all from a bps 10 and kicks 690

Punisher

I shoot a 28" barrel BPS with the Nitro 3 oz. nickel plated Pb #4s and average around 170/10/40.  That shell is absolutely devastating on turkeys.  Especially at twenty yards like the one I killed Sunday morning. ;)

John Y

I also have this same gun.  I have used Rhino .720 with both Nitro H210 and M210 with great results.  I purchased an Indian Creek .690 this year due to Nitro's recommendation for the new M210.  My gun patterned better with the Rhino even with the M210s.  That is not to say that yours will do the same but I think both of these chokes would serve well in that gun with Nitro shells.   

BrowningGuy88

My hog hunting buddy just bought that gun and it is sweet. I haven't shot it yet since we haven't been to the club land, but thanks to recommendations from a very helpful member here, he is going to start with an IC 690 and MagBlends for turkeys and a Rhino 685 for Nitro Ray Buckshot.

TNsavageman

Thanks for the replys guys. I am looking forward to playing with this beast. I shot it with the standard Browning XFULL and some Remington #6s and I was a little underwhelmed. It was bad enough I didn't even count the holes. I think I am going to order a IC .690 this week, not sure about the ammo yet.