North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mossberg 535 3" Hevi 7's factory turkey choke

Started by neal, April 16, 2012, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

This is my wifes gun, 40yds with range finder no wind 58 degrees

I was having trobles with a indian creek .660 so I put the factory .670 in it and made a world of difference jumped 50 hits

203 in a 10" circle

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

BigHooks

Neal I don't see nothing wrong with that pattern.. Johnny..

mikejd

Nice pattern, is that the short barrel thug.

neal

Just a standard barrel 24" I think. Thanks I wasn't happy with it when we had the IC in it and thought why not try the choke it came with before buying a new one glad I did shoots very well now and my wife is very confident in the gun.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

noggin buster

The factory xxFull 670 is LEAD ONLY. Be careful shooting HTL using that choke tube.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

captin_hook

knightrider

Quote from: noggin buster on April 16, 2012, 02:31:00 PM
The factory xxFull 670 is LEAD ONLY. Be careful shooting HTL using that choke tube.
you would have to shoot thouands of shots through the choke before it would hurt it!

nhhunter722

Number17

#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

ILIKEHEVI-13

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

jordanz7935

"The factory xxFull 670 is LEAD ONLY. Be careful shooting HTL using that choke tube."       

Have we not been thru this 1000 times already? It says lead only so that you dont run large steel shot through it.It will not hurt a thing. that is one hell of a pattern for the factory choke tube. it seems like those hevi 7s will pattern well with just about any turkey choke.