turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What would you pay for this bps

Started by Fastcat, April 14, 2012, 02:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

I have a chance to buy a browning bps 10 stalker black synthetic stock 24 inch barrel. It has only been shot a handful of times. It comes with a Hastings's non ported turkey choke. Its also been magnaported.

LBSS

Seen used 300-600$
new stalker runs 799$ locally

Old Gobbler

Ask to shoot it first , then hit them up with a low ball
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Fastcat

Well i bought the set up for 425. Its from one of the original old timers from deer camp so i didnt try to low ball too much.  I think we are both happy! My goal is to set thia gun up to be a really good shooting lead gun. I bought 3 boxes of old federal 2.25 oz #6s from the local hardware store.  I want to try and get as good or hopefully better than my 835. Plus i like the quality of the Browning better than my mossy. Also the new 10to gauge magnablends are locally available. I would appreciate any advice on chokes or loads. Thanks!
Fastcat

runngun

Congrats on your new gun!!!
I am shooting a Browning Gold 10 with a kicks choke with NITRO'S. But I have seen the Browning shoot lead 5s with excellent results be sure to let us know what happens!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Punisher

I have a 28" BPS 10 and I love it!  After letting not one, but two gobblers get away yesterday using Hevi 3/2/6 in my Win. 1300, I decided to take the 10 out with some Nitro Co. 3 oz. NP Pb #4s.  This morning I took some revenge out on a poor KY two year old gobbler at about twenty yards.  Poor fellow probably thought he had been hit by a train. ;D  Sort of a nostalgic hunt.  I had an old Hastings .700 in the tube and the Nitro shells were from a box of twenty five I bought over ten years ago.  The results from yesterday definitely took some of my confidence away from Hevi Shot because both birds were definitely in range. >:(

LBSS

I ordered a bps10 stalker months ago I hadn't picked up yet plan on getting it soon
. They got a sticker price of 799$
Though to me a browning is worth its weight in gold

deadbuck

Fastcat:
I have a bunch of winchester shells in copper plated BB and #4 buck I will make you a good price on if you want some other shells to shoot for it than just turkey loads.

BrowningGuy88

I would knock him down with the cash if I could find one for $425 in GOOD shape. I am going to be around $750 for my NWTF when it comes in and that is the at cost price from a friend who is a dealer.

Rockhound

Quote from: Daman on April 16, 2012, 11:47:22 AM
I would knock him down with the cash if I could find one for $425 in GOOD shape. I am going to be around $750 for my NWTF when it comes in and that is the at cost price from a friend who is a dealer.

Man i would just have to do away with the nwtf sticker and cheap sights, I got mine in mossy oak duck blind from my dealer out the door background check and all for $675

Fastcat

The one i boughthas factory fiber optics. Also has 10 boxes of random turkey shells thrown in.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Rockhound on April 16, 2012, 01:20:18 PM
Quote from: Daman on April 16, 2012, 11:47:22 AM

Man i would just have to do away with the nwtf sticker and cheap sights, I got mine in mossy oak duck blind from my dealer out the door background check and all for $675

I wanted the 24" barrel

Fastcat

That is also why i jumped on mine.