News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional Saturday February 26, 20100

Started by mmims, February 26, 2011, 07:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!

How many times did we hear that when we were growing up? Bruce, Auggiedog55, sent me a youtube video to watch, John Prine Hello in there, and I haven't been able to get it off my mind. With a President that is saying some frieghtning things about the ederly I believe we need to hear GOD!

"'Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD."
Leviticus 19:32

Now, I don't think this means jump up and stand there awkwardly shifting back and forth with your hands in your pockets every time you see an older person.

Generally, it means to slow down and take the time to be kind and thoughtful.
Offer your help. Offer to carry something, find the person a seat, direct them to where they need to go.
Show respect by listening. God may be speaking to you through the words of someone who has experienced and learned many things.
Respect and honor for older persons (including your parents, teachers, coaches, etc.) is important to God and there are many instructions in His Word.
This is not an easy command to obey. Others (even adults sometimes) will laugh, be disrespectful and rude to older persons.
Your choice as a child of God is to go along with what others are doing and saying or to obey God and risk being laughed at.

Proverbs 20:11 says that you will be known by your actions whether good or bad.

If you want to be known as good by both God and others, "Rise in the presence of the aged...".

I Salute the men and women, who have fought the battles, cried the tears, learned the lessons, paid the price and have more wisdom to offer than all the institutons of higher learning ever could.

After all, the greatest generation will not be with us forever!

Here is the video....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwGkplB_sY
Brother Mike

BOFF

Mike,

Thanks for the word today.

God Bless,
David B.

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Duke0002

Mike, Spot on!  What a privilege it is to see a younger person honor an elder.

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)