OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 express 410, 28,16

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 10, 2012, 10:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I am dreaming again.  If I want to complete my gauge slam, I need to buy a 28.  I have always loved the 870 express and did some looking online.  How hard would it be to find a 28 and 16ga Remington 870 express?  I would like them to have rem chokes so I could get after market tubes for them.  Also, what would be a fair price?

schuylkillspur

WT I checked on Gun broker and there was one 28ga 870 (expensive) and two older 870 16ga guns.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

lmbhngr

I looked at a job friday; guys got the 28ga. in his gun cabinet!! I`ve never seen one before! Neat little gun. Trying to get my hands on it

Eric Gregg

Now, the 410 is what I am interested in.
I have never seen one in a 870 before.
That would be awesome :you_rock:

mike103

The 410 Express 870 is back in production and offered with a laminate stock in both youth and full size.

You can find them on gunbroker for about $400.

870BkWht

If I am not mistaken, and I might very well be, most of the 28guage remington 870 comes with a modified fixed choke barrel.  You might consider looking into this as I am not 100% sure.

mike103

Yes I have a 28 gauge express and it has a fixed modified choke.

HartClemson99

I'm in your same boat.   I have my 12, 20 and muzzleloader slams and I lack a eastern with a bow and a Meriams with my 10 ga.  I may start in FL next year with a 16 ga.  What good chokes and loads are available?
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

wisconsinteacher

Can you get the mod choked barrel threaded and if so how much would it cost?

schuylkillspur

trulock makes 16ga chokes I got a XX-full and after a little machine work Silver soldered it into the barrel.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

HartClemson99

I now own all 3.  It took over a year to find all 3 in great condition at good prices.  Let the gauge slams continue!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

reflexl

Here is my 28ga 870 Express. Modified barrel and heavy shot took these woodies. I bought a barrel from remington that uses the rem chokes. 330.00 for the barrel and 1 choke. Had to wait a year to get it. Already took a 25lbs long beard with the gun. Tickled me to death. 1oz W-W load did the trick. reflexl

reflexl

Here you go:
28 gauge vs big gobbler. 29 yards.