OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

browning bps 10 shooting nitros...?

Started by DirtNap647, April 10, 2012, 06:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

i have a browning bps 10 gauge with jelly head .690 shooting the h210 nitros on nitros website they say 320-370 pellet count my best was only 240 anyone know do i have the right choke or what could be wrong here..?

runngun

Check their website and see what choke they recommend. I am shooting a browning gold 10 with a kicks and I am getting close to what they say I should be, 390s.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

BrowningGuy88

Remember not all guns like the same chokes. Personally I am going to try a 685 Rhino, 720 Rhino and SumToy Custom in mine when it is delivered.

You may need to try another choke.

Rockhound

the jelly head was junk in my bps but the kicks holds real good patterns with h13 and lead

Punisher

In my 28" BPS 10 I shoot the Nitro Co. 3 oz. load of NP #4s (lead).  A little cheaper than the hevi loads and throws an absolutely devastating pattern.  I shot these loads through CNC XX Full, Hasitngs .700 or .705 (can't remember which), Rhino .685, and a couple different Kick's.  I actually like the Hastings the best.

LBSS

What type of pattern with the 3oz load?  And don't those still have a few hevi pellets in the
Them? 

Punisher

No.  The 3 oz. load I shoot is straight NP PB #4s.  Never counted the 10" but alot of BIG #4s in a small area. ;)

LBSS

How's the recoil compared to a 2 1/4 oz load?

DirtNap647

any help on what choke to get since i still have 10 of these shells left...?

Punisher

In response to the recoil compared to 2.25 oz.  JUST TRY TO IMAGINE!!!!! :toothy9:

SLAYER

Mr.Boom, I've had great patterns with the Rhino .720 and H210 4x5x7 load.  I've killed several gobblers over 55+ yds with this combo.

DirtNap647

Quote from: SLAYER on April 25, 2012, 09:49:19 AM
Mr.Boom, I've had great patterns with the Rhino .720 and H210 4x5x7 load.  I've killed several gobblers over 55+ yds with this combo.
can i ask what pellet count you get with the rhino cuz my jelly head just aint cutting it