turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally some blood on the BPS 10

Started by Rockhound, April 08, 2012, 11:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Well friday me and a buddy hunted public land in murray county and eventually ended up back on his place in Lewis county, where we spotted to strutters in a field. I hit my mouth call to see how they would react and they started running to us as fast as possible, we hit the ground on our stomachs and the came under the fence a mere 3 ft from us. when they got behind us he told me to turn and shoot one, so in one motion i rolled over on my back with the bird ten yards away and the hevi 13 hit him like a ton of bricks. WOOOO finally broke in the 10 gauge, 6in beard, 7/16 in spurs, and a full fan, must have been a really early hatch last year, but im tickled.

Bird #2 We had about 10 gobbling and set up on one that we see strutting from the road alot and as many gobblers do he did the opposite thing from his everyday ventures, but we struck one in the next field over we worked on this bird for 3 hours at one time we had him at 20 yds and he wouldnt come in the open so he finally shut up and got right in the edge of the woods, and the stalk was on it took us an hour to stalk 30 yards, but when we got to the wood line there he was strutting with 5 hens and another gobbler at 15 yards!!! i dont know how we managed it but we got that close with us in the wide open!! I let him have it. 10-1/4 in beard, 4 spurs!!! 2 are 7/8s and 2 are alittle over 1/8 one of his main spurs had been busted, he was missing tail feathers and had a big hole in his breast where he got his arse whooped.

Thegobblergetter

Great story, great crawl, and great birds.  Congrats, guys!!!!!!  John

LBSS

The 10ga is devastating on game isn't it?  I loved it the first time I shot one.  I was like what just happened haha.

WildTigerTrout

I love my BPS 10 ga. It looks like you do too. Congrats.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

BrowningGuy88

Can't wait to get mine and blood it next season!

Congrats on the birds!

Rockhound

Quote from: LBSS on April 09, 2012, 07:05:15 AM
The 10ga is devastating on game isn't it?  I loved it the first time I shot one.  I was like what just happened haha.

NO JOKE! the first one i shot it cut him a flip and my buddy took off running (because we are used to doing that) he made it about 5 yards and just kinda stopped and was like I dont think hes going no where that sucker didnt even flop. The second one was kind of a brushy shot he flopped a little butnot much