OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

zabala 10ga question

Started by LBSS, April 03, 2012, 10:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSS

I sold ny bps10 to help buy a savage 338 lapua. But I liked shooting the 10ga more.
Im thinking of buying a zabala aka Richland arms 711 sxs with 32" barrels. But I wonder if the barrels are thick enough to have threaded for the invector choke?  I bet it would be heck of a turkey slayer  :fud:

BrowningGuy88

The old man that taught me most everything I know about turkey hunting shot a Fox 10 gauge with 32" Full/Fuller barrels. I have that old gun in the safe and it is a queen only! I would not even think about threading it the barrels are so thin on the end, but that is just me.

On your Zabala, take it to a competent gun smith and they can tell you if they can do it. Briley will probably do thread the thinnest barrels of anybody, but I tend to shy away from thinwall tubes.

4nolz2

I sent a leige to Briley and they could only do one side,then I had a gunsmith put a full length sleeve in the other-it is a turkey slaying monster.

LBSS

Well those Spanish 10s have awhole lot more muzzle thickness than the old sxs from the 1900s.
im going to email briley ask them.  Also id like to have a splinter forend made and a prince of whales stock.  Make it look more nostalgic but still be a magnum.  I looked at those older 2 7/8 sxs 10s but I didn't want a gun that couldn't shoot atleast 2oz loads plus those shells are hard ti find.

4nolz2

mis-spoke.Briley doesnt do 10 gauges

Carlsons does.

LBSS

Couldn't I just have the barrels cut down to 30" where they will be thicker and most likely enough for threads what do you think?