OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

" Seabiscuit " Scratchbox !!

Started by shadetree callers, April 01, 2012, 11:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadetree callers

Here is the latest scratchbox to come out of the ShadeTree Shop . This call is made from California Redwood that was salvaged from the stable that once housed the famed racehorse "Seabiscuit" on the Ridgewood Ranch near Willits, CA. The soundboard is made from an ancient fencepost from Eminence, Mo. and the base is sapele. Seabiscuit lived from 1933-1947 and won 33 of his 89 races . It has been said that he was an inspiration to many Americans during the Great Depression years . He was voted "Horse of the Year" in 1938 . After he passed on , he was laid to rest on the ranch in a secret location . He was the subject of several books and movies and remains one of history's favorite racers . If you are interested in getting a call like this , send me a PM . I have a very limited supply of this wood. Thanks for looking !
Bob

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

worth612000

Like that it has a vintage look. Good Job

kenturkey89

Being from KY it's not surprising that I follow horse racing, and that wood you have my friend, is a very unique piece.  Great job!!   :icon_thumright:
Brian

superx2

cannonball

eastern assassin

Seabiscuit, this is Eastern Assassin, strange just go finish watching the move Seabiscuit on direct TV. some incredible horse and story. Soooo. I thought of your call, getting back to you about making me a Seabiscuit call. Are you still making them is hope, hope you have a little bit of Seabiscuit wood left, would love for you to make me one,, text me at 973 494 1920,    or gmail. me at   stickbowman.rt@gmail.com  . thanks Rich Tiberio

worth612000

Awesome, I really like the rustic look of that call!

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

mgm1955

eastern assassin

please call me about sea bisquit call.   thanks rich tiberio  973 209 6171   Eastern Assassin

Blong

eastern assassin

shade tree, give me a text about the sea bisquit call, 973 494 1920. thanks rich tiberio, eastern assassin

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion